Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed by Senate

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is the gay one?

I'd say it's about time this relic got repealed. I think keeping it in place would've been more detrimental to the military than repealing it would. It's a good step forward.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad this was repealed. I hope everyone stays mature though, there are a huge number of bigots out there. Still, sexuality itself has no place on the battlefield, and I expect that a soldier will be a soldier.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
About time I'd say. And considering that there were actually people fighting to keep it in place.... *cough* McCain *cough*... Sadly there will always be racists and bigots, like the folks that want to boycotte the Thor movie cause Heimdall is played by a black guy....I mean come on.....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair, in Norse mythology Heimdall is called "The White God".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then again, he did have gold teeth, so I'm going fifty fifty on this one.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was a dumb idea to begin with. If someone's willing to get shot at to protect their country, there's no reason to hate on them. There was no evidence that it was any kind of a problem in other countries either.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't MK.19 awesome.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was a dumb idea to begin with. If someone's willing to get shot at to protect their country, there's no reason to hate on them. There was no evidence that it was any kind of a problem in other countries either.
Has to do with the Christian fundamentals of America...by the large, we still are a Christian nation, as long as we're a religious country, we can't be a rational, sane, and fair country.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has to do with the Christian fundamentals of America...by the large, we still are a Christian nation, as long as we're a religious country, we can't be a rational, sane, and fair country.
It has to do with Clinton deciding DADT was better than the military actively searching for homosexuals in order to expel them. DADT was the middle ground between previous policies and outright allowing homosexuals to serve. Because he couldn't get enough votes to let them serve openly, he took the next best step at the time. Without DADT, I highly doubt homosexuals would be able to openly serve next week.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find your idea that Christians can't be rational, sane or fair quite insulting.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well in a strictly technical, rational and non-insulting way I must say that he is right. Faith by definition is irrational which, by certain aspects, implies the other things (I have to admit it's a bit of a stretch tough...).

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well in a strictly technical, rational and non-insulting way I must say that he is right. Faith by definition is irrational which, by certain aspects, implies the other things (I have to admit it's a bit of a stretch tough...).
Right, and broad sweeping generalizations are fair, sane and rational.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Religious debate in 3.... 2.... 1....

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Religious debate in 3.... 2.... 1....
You're right this is off topic, but I'd be glad to have this conversation somewhere else tough. Always good to see and understand different point of views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom