Dominance War Thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I think that quite a few people here are going to be taking part in this little event. I know I am as well as quite a few other people. So, i figured why not create one thread for everyone to post updates, Especially since most of you guys who are entering are infact entering for Polycount and myself and atleast one more person have chosen to join CGchat.

I'll start it off with an update on my concept, His name is General KliiK, he's from a water planet called Yuina.

Meh the concept is kinda bleh but it's coming along, i've already began the modeling process and I'll post an update on that soon as possible.

Best answers
i thought only me and gir joined the dark side, and girs not even playing anymore.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

not even at 2500 triangles yet lol so I got tons of spare polies

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks like a cool ninja tek, just make it messier, more wires and useless bolts, they do the trick.

Nice Stuff Ray! Mesh done or are you gonna add them legs?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The concept looks great, but I think you could really put the polies to good use just smoothing out the form of the model; even if you don't add any additional details that'd help out alot.
Right now its just too blocky, and its especially on that larger hand

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tek his right side is longer than the other one...

Right leg is longer also Right arm D:

Best answers
dendza said:
Tek his right side is longer than the other one...

Right leg is longer also Right arm D:
I think he did it on purpose. Unless.... it's not part of the concept and a glaring mistake. Which I doubt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
g0jack said:
I think he did it on purpose. Unless.... it's not part of the concept and a glaring mistake. Which I doubt.
Yup he's very assymetrical

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tek, do something with his shoulder pad, add buttons, sharp points, guns or something, they look like they could be really cool

Best answers
It looks nice Tek. You made the asymmetrical thing look alright ;D
But my only question is, if he was standing, would his legs stand up straight? I can't see very well but it looks like he might lean on one leg if he were to stand.

Best answers
I like your entry ray but use all those 5000 tris hehe, if he ain't gonna have legs you shud make 2 low polygons creatures carry him on a barge rofl.

I may enter in this contest but my concepts been up in the air for 2/3 weeks and with work being busy its doubtful.

Gluck guys

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
g0jack said:
It looks nice Tek. You made the asymmetrical thing look alright ;D
But my only question is, if he was standing, would his legs stand up straight? I can't see very well but it looks like he might lean on one leg if he were to stand.
believe it or not a human always leans on 1 leg, unless told to for example when greeting a soldier you stand up straight on both legs, normally you just lean on 1 leg while the other rests, this isnt always noticable.
Standing on both legs can be really uncomfortable. okay enough, hope that made sense :)

Best answers
What's the point of the dominance war anyway?
I've seen both forums, both have pro art, both have noob art.. But if I had to chose, I'd go with CGchat.. Far more pro work posted there than Polycount.. Allthough I do remember that Polycount used to be -the- centerpoint of 3D gamemodelling.. (3-4 years ago)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree with guy above, whats the point >.<'
oh well, not my prob

Best answers
The point is to get a nice recognised piece of game art, read the competition rules http://www.polycount.net/dominancewar/index.htm. Its for people who would like to get some nice simple prizes, compete with the best of the best and learn.

Also the point about cgchat vs polycount in terms of professionals and hobbiests isn't helping anyone. The idea of both forums is to educate, share and relate heh.

Laterz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, Polycount is overloaded with generals unlike CGchat, both look like they could win so :/ so who decides the winner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom