Does CS:S work?

Best answers
I have Counterstrike : Scource. Will it work for ESF? I know i am supposed to read the FAQ and i did but i still dont get it does Counterstrike : S Work?
If not then where in the world am i supposed to get HL or any of the old versions Etc.?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it does not work with CS:S. And well...where do you get most games? Yes, in a shop. So just go to your local gamestore or something and buy Half Life 1, or just take a creditcard and purchase Half Life 1 with Steam.

Best answers
Damn then i guess day of defeat Source wont work too then... Damn...
Oh but how about CS 1.6?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, Source is a whole different engine than the original Half Life 1 engine, so DoD:S won't work, HL2, CS:S and any other Source engine created game will not work.
I am not sure about CS 1.6 as I do know that a CS version works, but I am uncertain which one it is, Deleted Scenes, 1.6 or a different one. I do know that Condition Zero does not work.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
CS 1.6 should be interchangeable with HL1 and DOD original.

If you were to install ESF into 'C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Your Account\Your Game\esf' (or wherever you put Steam) it should work fine.

If you're using 1.6, rather than the CS you get with the CS:Z pack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Counter-Strike Retail works as long as it's patched and installed into Steam. Other than that, stick with Half-Life 1.

Best answers
Yo i dont have the last part!! Your Account\Your Game\ You know this... only have 1 file in the steam apps

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
.. Um, reinstall Steam?

Just run through the entire process over again - this process - and come back if you're still having problems.

And, please, don't double post. I know you're desperate to play but it won't get you help any faster. Really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom