Does anyone know this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've checked google for around an hour for this info... but found nothing.

I'm curious to know how to assign a Half-Life model to a Counter-Strike Source skeleton. Does anyone have any info on this?

Best answers
Easy peasy:

Grab yourself a model decompiler/compiler. I recommend milkshape as it can do both.
Now, decompile the HL model you want to assign into a new folder, but just the reference SMD and texture files.
Now, do the same for the CS model in the same folder, this time, export everything EXCEPT for CS textures, you don't need them.
Now go to file --> import --> HL SMD file or something like that, and import the CS reference SMD file. Delete all the verticies on the model but not the skeleton, then import the HL reference file WITHOUT the skeleton. Rig the model you imported onto the existing skeleton, this part is the trickiest. I'm assuming you do know how to rig, so if you don't, google up a milkshape rigging tutorial, its not that difficult.
After you finish rigging, export the newly rigged HL character on CS skeleton over the existing CS reference SMD. Open up the QC file, and delete all the bounding box information, save and then click compile QC file, should work fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am able to do most of what you said, but I'm still a little confused. The CS: Source models aren't in the folders; whenever I download a custom skin I have to make the folders myself. I'm looking for the GIGN, or the GsG9 or whatever, and I can't find them anywhere in the folders.

Now, do the same for the CS model in the same folder,
Just to make sure; Decompile the CS model into the same folder as the HL one?

Best answers
Ohh, CS:Source models? That's a completely different story, the process for that is much more complicated :/, sorry, I can't help you there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta said:
I am able to do most of what you said, but I'm still a little confused. The CS: Source models aren't in the folders; whenever I download a custom skin I have to make the folders myself. I'm looking for the GIGN, or the GsG9 or whatever, and I can't find them anywhere in the folders.

Just to make sure; Decompile the CS model into the same folder as the HL one?
I think the reason you can't find the model is because they are not stored as normal files but pacled in the steam cache file thingy.

For that you'd need something that can unpack gcf files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom