Does anyone else hate Ultimate Tenkaichi?

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think they have ruined the tenkaichi series with this one. WOOHOO we finally got GT characters for the new gen of consoles, but whats this????? they changed the gameplay to something we dont want? oh thanks bandai namco your a true game developer arent you? you finally do what people ask then you guys do a dick move and make it tenkaichi/budokai gameplay. im not getting it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People complained when they decided to switch off the standard Budokai gameplay style and made the button masher that is tenkaichi. To the point that some still say that Budokai 3 is the best console DBZ game made.

Your point is?

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
People complained when they decided to switch off the standard Budokai gameplay style and made the button masher that is tenkaichi. To the point that some still say that Budokai 3 is the best console DBZ game made.

Your point is?
i just hate it is all haha

--- Update ---

which do you like in preferences?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just hate it is all haha

--- Update ---

which do you like in preferences?
If id have to pick, then Budokai 3 that was the last real fighter game of the serries. Im no fan of the tenkaichi button masher style.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Budokai 3 is a fighter pure and simple. No flashy stuff, no flashy flight just button combos and timing.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not at all.

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
well they have put character customization where you make ur own fighter , make your own moveset and u can use ur fighter online:scared:

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tenkaichi requires skill Grega, maybe not so much with the Story mode, but you really need to be good when fighting against someone near your skill level. Its not pure Button Mashing. If you'd button mash against me, you will lose. Dodging, countering, positioning, Ki conservation, even using tactical maneuvering (basically causing the other player's lock on to disappear and then ganking them), all this and much more in a true 3D environment, it was wonderful, especially when it came out.

My gripe with them is that they are repeatedly churning out the same old stuff again and again. They do not allow more than two players to play at a time, no free aim, same combo system, same basic destruction system, etc.

Budokai 3 was good, as a fighting game it did what it was supposed to, but it wasn't a true Dbz experience. Tenkaichi was closer in that regard, but it still has a long long way to go.

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
hmm the only thing keeping this game from being better is the constant qtes if we could turn them off then it would be better:p

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I personally liked B3 as well as T3 just as much in terms of offering the DBZ experince. I dislike things in both of them so if they made a mashup of them that would be awesome but UT looks like the ****tiest thing ever....Who in their right mind puts QTEs in a DBZ game and THAT MANY of them as well?? Theres one every 10 sec if not more! WTF? I like the camera though the way it moves into 2.5D when you get close to melee and 3D like in T3 when you are far from your enemy. But the game is gonna be a massive fail because of those QTEs enough said

In my view Raging Blast games are the continuity and upgrade of Tenkaichi 3 and they were going towards a better future DBZ game but now it's all ****ed really with UT lol

What opinion u guys have on Super DBZ on the other hand? I quite like many elements of that game xcept for the analog rotational moves lol but the rest of it had a nice touch like the scouters at the beginning of every battle and the way it blew up after 1 mil PL felt good haha and the "custom" path for each character u wanted, the presentation of the game etc. I'm just disappointed it was under developed to say the least...

I think Bandai should continue to develop new Budokais as well as new Tenkaichis as some people prefer B and some people prefer T. This is the same as with the NFS franchise. Loads of people want Underground 3 but they keep bringing out crap

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If id have to pick, then Budokai 3 that was the last real fighter game of the serries. Im no fan of the tenkaichi button masher style.

Burst Limit is something you should try. If not then Infinite World is Budokai 3 updated.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm.. how about a..
Marvel vs Capcom combo system with counter attacks like Dead or Alive
and amazing fluid animations again like Dead or Alive.
Then finishing attacks like Mortal Kombat

Then you get DT and Dalte to create the most insane rediculous super attacks in the world! O_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ: Zenkai Battle Royale looks to be so much better than Ultimate Tenkaichi. It's just a shame it's only for arcade AND Japan only.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
DBZ: Zenkai Battle Royale looks to be so much better than Ultimate Tenkaichi. It's just a shame it's only for arcade AND Japan only.
On the bright side have u ever looked how many arcade games have been ported for PCs over the years? This will also be ported for sure I wouldn't worry ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom