DocJays art topic on esf

Best answers
Hi there, some may know me from dmz or other boards, im docjay, an abstract artist. i made this topic for im a comment whore and need comments :p

here we go

i changed my sig and avatar too, cos my old ones are REALLY old.

comments are appreciated

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awsome, but maybe add some more pixie dust to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
needs some work on the 2d, like the brushing and the render is nice

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks really good, DocJay. And seeing that it's blue, I'm already biased towards positive comments. ^_^

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woah...

you got some skills there...

the effects are clean and perfectly arranged (layout)

8/10

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
All I can say is O_O, and that's not even a word!

Nice work!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow very very nice work. Maybe add some 2d?

C4D right?

Best answers
The blending modes are handled very well. I suppose techinically it's very nice as well, but what's the point? Is there a theme? An idea? I only ask because there's a lot of the amorphous blob look out there already and to really distinguish yourself you have to do something different. I'm fairly certain that this form of pure abstraction has been done to death. Much in many ways like the so-called "grunge" look. As a technical exercise, this is well done. As more than that? It's a little empty of meaning.

Best answers
...:p
MrDomino im sorry but must you pick at everything? At first, i thought that your evaluations were nice, but now i've become tired of them. I could care less if there is a "meaning" or not it's just for fun, no need to explain all of your art concepts. And as it seems that you are an art expert, why don't you ever show anything?

Anyway...Docjay i think it looks nice. I like the light in the middle, the blue theme, and the logo in the top left. Good job.

Best answers
Look, if people want comments I'll give them comments. Artists need to have input, it's what helps you to mature and develope. I could run around telling everyone that their work is 10/10, but that would be dishonest. I've never claimed to be an expert, and since I don't really know anyone who can give an all inclusive definition of what art really is, I find it difficult to buy that anyone can be the expert of the field. I can only speak from my past and present, and from my experience I state my opinions. That is what it is and all it is meant to be. However, I've walked that path to the mythic ideal for a long time, longer than some, not as long as others, and I like to share what I've learned on that journey. The point is to help people to avoid some of the pitfalls that I hit along the way. As I have said before: it is difficult in the beginning, but everything is difficult in the beginning. If you don't want to agree with me I'm not going to lose sleep at night.

Certainly, I could post all my work to justify my ideas. I already did that once on this forum, and I thought that was enough. That was done to justify my stance on an unnamed forumers theft of other people's work. I see no reason as noble here other than being called out as if we all were playing dodgeball in a park. I'd like to think we're all beyond that kind of adolescent behavior.

Or are we?

Retired
Best answers
it's good in my oppinion. I just think the 3dsmax stands out too much (the sharp edges of the spikes). overall I think it's a good job.

by the way guys, dont turn this into one big discussion thread. everyone is entitled to have their oppinion, aslong as it's not a flame.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
render is ok, but that is basically all it is.. try working with some more 2d brush work

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it looks quite nice, at some parts the flow of it seems to stop though. Good work! :D

Best answers
Wow thank you very much for the tons of comments oO

i appreciate the critz too. more of that :D

now its time to introduce my new piece

metoers crashing into a surface. obviously :p

Best answers
i like it alot. But something seems off about the one that hits. just seems weird if the others ones are going --> this one is going downward.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very clever, i see you bring another form of your previous picture. except it's enlarged and still looks really good. the comet looks realistic for what it does to that type of surface as well.

8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom