Votes: 4 40.0%
  • It sucks

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • G what?

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you people think of gmax. If anyone does not know what it is, its a free modeling system based on 3dms. I checked it out and its ok.. What do you guys think? (Do any of you know any tutorials for it?)
o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it 3dx max

I really never tried it.I here its like 3d max too;D So i cant really judge it.Are you trying to model with it.I use lightwave and maya to model.

Best answers
its 3DS MAX not 3DX MAX!!

even u spelled it wreong emka650. l0l
and you can find turtorials at the same site and same place in the download section.just look for it.;)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem with GMAX is that to use it effectively you need to be modeling for a game that has GMAX support.

I know QIII is one . . . and there was one other. But I can't remeber.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use

Use it if your a beginner it should help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use gmax, it's a pretty good program. But there are two major flaws in it, well, more like annoyances, but still they are:

- lack of in house renderer
- can only export to two file formats (md3 and map), forcing you to have to use milkshape or a program like it to convert it to another file format.

Other than that, it's a great tool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gmax

Gmax is suppose to be easy.So you dont have to use it to put models in half life.Just to begin.I started modeling using maya and lightwave.and it was hard as hell.Now i just use lightwave and 3d studio max.Mostly lightwave.

Best answers
i dun model... is it hard to do? like to learn how to use the progs and stuff?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a thread at the top of the forum that contains a link to a milskhape tutorial. If you try it you can decide for yourself.

If not, then. No. Learning to use the program is, (at least for me), the easiest part because there are a set of rock solid rules the tool abides by. Modelling on the other hand is more of a challenge because, things that can be made range from people, to monsters, to aliens that have never been before seen, and learning how to get the proper proportions, texturing, and animating them, requires a lot of practice and dedication.

Best answers
its horrible, not enough export capabilities, no rendering system, nothing.

i would recommend milkshape more than gmax

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom