Do any of you people actually have a life ?

Best answers
fer sher i have one...got school... and just about everyone knows/is friends with me!i come home admin a cs server for a bit... talk to people on aim forever, and listen to music... weekends i go hang wit my freinds and mall VERY occasionally...

my only thing is there is this girl im REALLY INTO and she might be into me... but we're like best friends and i guess i dont have the 'balls' to do it.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to think I do. I don't spend as much time online as I used to. My social life has certainly broadened ever since the gf and I broke up.

P.S. Dirty that sig rocks my world. I guess I should be saying that Rayna, since she made it. Either way, completely awesome.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on what you meen with life. I do what i want. If i feel like it ill go for some down-hill with my bike. And right now im buying a guitar :p
Looking for a gf ^^
So basicly its difrent for evryone ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not enough hours in the day :(

I go to school for 8 hours a day. Then I work for 3 or 4 hours. Then I do HW. When I'm off or don't have school I hang out with friends. We go dirt biking, my friend Jon and I play guitar together. Ryan and I play piano together. When the winter comes around snowboarding is a MUST! God I can't wait. I hear A-Basin was supposed to be open already, i haven't checked up on it. There hasn't been snow here so i haven't bothered.

I mean you know, I do what pretty much ever teenager does. Hang with friends, I like video games, so i play those, I like music so i play that. I like sports so I play those (soccer, baseball, basketball) And I visit the ESF forums on a regular basis as well because I like the community. You have everyone excell in one major thing. Like Dave is awsome as art (i envy him) Smith| is helping me with my computer, I wish I knew as much as he did, Kyo, Rayna and a a few others kick ass at sigs. Gameinformer and Sailor Alea especially knows pretty much anything about anime/games/japanese or a combination of the three. This communitry rules ^.^

Annie

A
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I go to classes...I run/workout...I do hw...I hang out with friends at meal times but other than that and the occasional party on the weekends I'm on the computer either randomly IMing people, looking at forums, searching through random photography online (no...not pr0n x_x), or just chatting with my roomate who is usually 10 ft from me when we talk online :D

Best answers
Well, thankz for your input everyone. Just too make note of this because im sure this thread might seem kinda random too some people, this thread came too mind because ive been dealing with an really bad social anxiety disorder that kinda changed my life every since i was 10 years old, but it wasn't that bad back then, i made it all the way through middle school dealing with it.

But everything changed afterwards, and already being insecure about alot of things and having family problems only make it that much worse.

I wasn't even into playing games all that much, or watching any anime whatsoever or any of that stuff at first, and too see everything change going into my first year if high school is just mindblowing. It feels like your life is on hold, and there's nothing you can do. I think i just needed too get a better view on other people lifestyles, to get a better understanding of my own, because i feel like it's going nowhere. So now it's like thats all i do, play games, watch anime, avoid people, the end.

Best answers
school 8 hours, football practice 2:30 hours, shower and eat 1 hour, hw 1-3 hours, watch t.v/ go on computer 1-2 hours,sleep 9-6 hours of sleep, repeat.
sat and sun are exceptions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More or less, yes. Everyone has a life, just with different degrees of social interaction.

They have shirts at school that read: "Engineering ruined my life." An exageration, for sure, but not too far from the truth.

Retired
Best answers
Aparently i Have nO life

** Monday - Friday **

5Am - get up For School
8pm - Get Home From School

8:30pm - Study For next Days Test (i Have a Test Every Day)
10:00 pm - Bed

**Saturdays**

7am - Work on School Work.. (ie) Labs and Homework

2pm - Read The Needed Material for School

5pm - Spend Time with GF

12am - Sleep

** Sundays **

10 am - Do Housework and Laundry

12pm - Make Notes For Cisco Class

6pm - Eat Dinner and Watch TV

9 pm - Bed

sounds Exciting Doesn't it

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I hardly ever get online.. Due to high school, and the crapload of homework, and my job.. I just don't find the time to.
Ariel or my stalkers are dragging me along with them to places and such.. I've been online today though to keep me busy.. I hate being sick. :|

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really get tired of thiese people that say "do you have a life?" online. Its a quite retarted question.

"I know people spend 20 hours a day online"
-_-..... yes, and thiese people will soon be with no money and no computer, so you dont have to worry about them.

Just cause a person knows alot about one subject doesnt mean that they have dedicated thier life to it. All it means is that they have done that one thing longer and learned faster than you. That is all that it means, nothing more, nothing less.

Of course people have a life. People need to feel like they have people in reliaty to talk to, otherwise most go quite insane. People do go with friends to do stuff, and weather you like to think it or not, lots of people are always searching for/paying attention to thier significant other of the time/life.

I spend only a couple of hours playing video games, after a while they loose fun and I want to speak to others. Just cause I play a game doesnt mean that I, nor anyone else doesnt have a life.

Best answers
Gameinformer313 said:
there's people who spend like 20 or more hours a day online and do nothing but stay at home all day and ect
Thats my whole life in a nutshell. :tired:

Best answers
well im at college 4 days a week and i go drinking fridays sats and sometimes sundays i play basketball and football, i hang out wiv my m8s after college and that, but i still manage to be online a lot i guess i have brusts like everyone does one week ill be busy as hell and have no time to do much on the computer next ill have jack all to do but go on the computer. I have to be honest but i dont have time for games anymore or more to the point i get bord easy with them now but like lot said if you enjoy living the way you are damn why not carry on wiv it, at the end of the day its you who has to live the life no one else.....and that is my 2cents of the day in offtopic

Best answers
Gameinformer313 said:
:] No is not an insult so don't get mad or anything. But yea, im just asking, how many of you here have a life?

I know there's people who spend like 20 or more hours a day online and do nothing but stay at home all day and ect, and im just interested in knowing what some you do when your not online, or how you manage to balance your online time with your every day life and ect.

example: How many hours are u online? are you working or going too school , are u living on ur own ect

Kinda personal questions, but im sure people here wouldn't mind speaking out if not asking where u live or anything like that.

I'll start it. Im online for atleast 10 hours day, 7 days a week almost, Yea that's pretty long, but i really don't have anything else too do. I don't go anywhere unless i have too, I have a very small amount of friends who im not really that close with, Im 18, i haven't finish high school so im a dropout, and im still staying home with my parents doing nothing. My life is rather boring so i guess you could say i don't have one. My fault, yea i know, but that's the way things are sometimes. :(
I hope you are not reffering to me, I barely even use the computer, I barely play video games. Hell, mostly what I do is just hang out with my girlfriend or with friends, and go out and have some fun. Or I play sports with friends.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
I hope you are not reffering to me, I barely even use the computer, I barely play video games. Hell, mostly what I do is just hang out with my girlfriend or with friends, and go out and have some fun. Or I play sports with friends.
Wtf are friends...

Anyways, answering truthful now, I pretty much have no life at all. Sure, I'll go o0ut and skate with my homie, go over to his house once in a while, but ****, i'd chose ocmputer over anything.

Anything. Even sex :0!

Best answers
Yup, i was refering exactly too you Mccdbz5, your the reason i made this thread, i somehow knew your lifestyle and wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. :rolleyes:

I really get tired of thiese people that say "do you have a life?" online. Its a quite retarted question.
Not as retarted as someone posting in response too a question their tired of, instead of ignoring it. Besides, i barley here it myself.

Just cause a person knows alot about one subject doesnt mean that they have dedicated thier life to it.
And who said anything about this again? this isn't a matter of who know's the most, and it strays away from my question. I never assumed anything about anyone, so stop acting like it.

People do go with friends to do stuff and weather you like to think it or not, lots of people are always searching for/paying attention to thier significant other of the time/life.
And i said they didn't where? .........All i was doing was asking people was what their lifestyles was like and how they balance their time and ect. I always thought in order to have a life, you have to have goals/dreams. You have to be active, social, ect, otherwise someone playing on the computer for 20 hours everyday, eating and going to sleep and repeating the same thing every day, always in a 4 wall room isn't what i would call a life.

Sure we all may have life because were living, but as godhand said, the defenition and decition is fully up to you tbh, and im looking at this from a pretty stereotypical view, because most people would say, if you told someone...

" I sit in front of a computer every weekend all week as well, eat sleep and repeat. "

You have no life...

-_-..... yes, and thiese people will soon be with no money and no computer, so you dont have to worry about them.
:S Who said i worried about them captain obvious? all it was is a simple question because i was curious.

I spend only a couple of hours playing video games, after a while they loose fun and I want to speak to others. Just cause I play a game doesnt mean that I, nor anyone else doesnt have a life.
Who said anything about you or anyone else not having a lives strictly because of video games ?? your misunderstanding me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if today is anything to go by, no I do not. I've been online for 18 hours. 3 hours of CS and the rest on these forums (as well as four others) while sorting my music collection.

Then again, everyone's gone home this weekend and I have nobody to hang out with. I usually spend two sets of two hours online and the rest at university, job hunting or going out drinking with friends.

betterman

B
my usuall week day consists of wakeing up, going to school, doing weight training as a class, finishing school, running 2 miles and going to wrestling(when its not football or track) and come home and chill.

Weekends i play by ear, whatever i feel like doing

Best answers
Life: the period between birth and death; the experience or state of being alive.

Yes, we are all pretty much alive. Now what kind of life we lead is another thing, usually spending all your time technically alone, which is what you are physically when you are browsing the internet with nobody else with you, is refered to as having no life by our society current standards. Usually a kind of life like that can mean or lead to that person being a society outcast.
A life spent in front of a screen though has quite bad secondary effects, socially, mentally and health wise, no movement leads to the decay of the body, and that is what makes this kind of "screen life" bad.
But having a "life" depends roughly on one's own standards. If your current "life", nerd or otherwise, satisfies you then anything people say shouldnt be bothering, otherwise consider making serious changes.
Kaination said:
Wtf is a life, and where can I download it?
I don't usually quote anyone, but that is worth quoting xP I hope you don't mind I do ;Þ

Best answers
But having a "life" depends roughly on one's own standards. If your current "life", nerd or otherwise, satisfies you then anything people say shouldnt be bothering, otherwise consider making serious changes.
Lol nerd :( ...but yea thankz for making note of that, that's probally what i"ll continue to try and do since im not very happy with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom