Do any of you people actually have a life ?

Best answers
:] No is not an insult so don't get mad or anything. But yea, im just asking, how many of you here have a life?

I know there's people who spend like 20 or more hours a day online and do nothing but stay at home all day and ect, and im just interested in knowing what some you do when your not online, or how you manage to balance your online time with your every day life and ect.

example: How many hours are u online? are you working or going too school , are u living on ur own ect

Kinda personal questions, but im sure people here wouldn't mind speaking out if not asking where u live or anything like that.

I'll start it. Im online for atleast 10 hours day, 7 days a week almost, Yea that's pretty long, but i really don't have anything else too do. I don't go anywhere unless i have too, I have a very small amount of friends who im not really that close with, Im 18, i haven't finish high school so im a dropout, and im still staying home with my parents doing nothing. My life is rather boring so i guess you could say i don't have one. My fault, yea i know, but that's the way things are sometimes. :(

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spending 20 hours online is a life, and quite the life it is. To spend most of your waking hours in search of information, no matter how inane...

I go to classes about 15 hours of the week, those are kinda tough. I spend time hanging out with my friends if their around, or my girlfriend. There's a chunk of time where I go running and other exercises as well as about 2 hours a week of doing Yoga. The rest of my time is spent online, which probably equates to 4 hours a day. :shrug:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course i have a life, work all day, college on mondays, pubs and clubs on weekends. tbh i cant be arsed to be more active than that >_>

Best answers
There are many ways to define "life".
You are breathing, aren't you?

Even thought someone stays home, is on the internet and so on, does not mean he has no life. Of course on the other hand, you won't experience that much sex and the other parts, but the same for the ones that do exprience it alot, they usually also miss out a part of what you experience.
So the defenition and decition is fully up to you tbh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By today's standard I think that the majority of teens and young adults spend most of their time online. So basically it's the people who play sports and go "outside" who don't have the lives. I love progress.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hes speaking more of a social life. When Im not on my pc im appeasing my girlfriend, doing homework, going to the occasional party (occasional meaning every weekend, and sometimes during the week if I think I wont wake up feeling like the space shuttle just crashed into me), cut myself when Im sad (not so much o_o), and hanging out with some buddies. We just hang. Hmm...hanging with my buddies usually leads into playing multiplayer games followed by yelling and bloody noses as a result of frustration caused by accusations of being cheesy/cheap and/or just being a plain ***hole. Of course I just sit to the side and relax when that happens.

Best answers
I was going to say exacly what Godhand did, you can be a nerd and still be happy with your life, it's all a question of what one wants.
I personally have waves. I'm maybe online a heck of alot for a time then I dissapear.
As it is though I've been hanging around the computer much more than I'd like to admit, mostly out of boredom and because I had nothing else to do. I've been bored as hell these last two weeks, even when playing wow or whatever else, luckily I'm getting myself some stuff to do. Unlike what I've been doing for a long time now I'm grabbing every chance to get out the house I can, getting very fed up with all this computer hanging.
Starting on new job and probably going to a new school next term which I'm really looking forward to. Plus more stuff I'm planning on doing if my economical situation goes well :3
Also since I'm single now for the first time since I'm 14 years old, going down town on weekends, partying and such might get very interesting ;Þ

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it depends how much free time i have and how many times in my free time im at home...

im almost only sitting on a comp but still got a live, after school (from 8am till 14pm) i go with friends out but dont go home befor it.. right after school.. i mostly spend like a hour or 2... afterwards i come home from school at 16-17 pm and i usually should do homework.. but sometimes i really dontn like to do em so i just visit the internet ;)

ontuesday,Wensday and on friday (<_< correct the day names if im wrnog i forgot how to write em) i got volleyball training from 18pm-20:30 pm and then i normaly go sleep... thats allmost every school day, on weekend i mostly sit at the comp, go to church on sunday, meet with friends ususally,work outside in the garden here or i got volleyball games to play.

im spending abit to much time on my comp i gues but its what i like to do.. :)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I work 2 jobs, aside from high school, when I'm not out with a few friends I'm here playing WoW or corrupting the beta testers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
By today's standard I think that the majority of teens and young adults spend most of their time online. So basically it's the people who play sports and go "outside" who don't have the lives. I love progress.
lmao
AMEN TO THAT BROTHA!

Yea I happen to spend a lot of time online like a lot of people. Except they don't get random IM's questioning their sexual preference if they don't hand over 1.3 right away >_>

Best answers
I spend a lot of time online and stuff. My social life isn't bad. I don't really make much of an effort to go out with friends, but I spend 5 days a week with them at college. When I'm at home, I spend most of my time either playing games, watching TV or doing whatever on my PC. I guess I could probably do with going out a bit more, but I quite like the way I live.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I go out on a regular occasion like each friday and saturday night, i go to school, spend most of the time there drinking coffee with my classmates and talk about the hooters that just walked by. When I get home I can't help but end up on my bureau chair though. I love gaming and level designing, I think I spend atleast 5 hours a day at my pc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I go to school, come home, do some work, go on the computer some days, go out some days.

It all depends on how much work I have.

Weekends, I go out, but im not a big party person. I just get together with friends, but im not like other people.

In my area, a party is considered going into someones basement and juggin beer or something, I dont drink, so, I dont do a lot of that stuff.

I work too, so my life is kinda busy, but laid back.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have university every weekday. Wednesdays and Thursdays, I have lab sessions, which generally take about 3 hours each to complete. After school, I generally study, especially this month ("midterm season"), and I try to reserve time, aside from that devoted to my notes, to hang out with my buddies, do my rounds on the forums, and write some music (if I have any ideas floating around in my mind).

Generally, though, university gets the greatest share of my time, whether that be attending lectures, or chillin' with my friends between those lectures. It's a mix of academic and social living :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When i'm not on i'm jamming with the band doing Maiden covers and other band covers. Sometimes I play guitar for hours straight sitting in my room or at night in my rooftop staring at the stars. Or I go out and skate with my friend and stay out a lot and come back home. I'm also sort of a "stoner" heh. So I just chillax. and etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I have a social life.

I got to college classes all week, no job (Soon to be on GEEK SQUAD @ Best Buy), and when I am not doing school work I am on my teamspeak server chatting w/ people and playing some sort of game. Now, I spend most of my time online, however, when the weekends roll around I am always out with my friends, going to parties n such or just driving around.

I try to keep a healthy balance between my nerdity and my social life.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Besides school and working on my flash movie, if there is an opening for me to go out, I do. Most of my socializing takes place during school. I've always been a laidback person, so you won't find me going out every week at a keg friday and saturday night. I just recently went to a bonfire, homecomming game, and homecomming dance anyway. But, I have no idea who to hang out with anymore, having problems distingusihing between 'friendly aquantince' and 'friend'.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno, I don't really do too much of one thing over any other. My interests are pretty diverse, I go on my computer, hang with friends, go to parties, jam the guitar, play video games, do sports, go to movies, etc. I do all sorts of things, from the "nerdy" stuff to the "cool" stuff. More or less, I do everything about the same. Actually, I probably play guitar more than I do anything else, but it all tends to stay balanced.

Oh ya, school is thrown in there somewhere to.

Kaination said:
Wtf is a life, and where can I download it?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, good stuff.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, infact I do, do you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom