dmz and esf

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well dmz sucks monkey genetailia and ESF is great. there u go.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets not have any mod flaming, k Pain?

DMZ has a combo type system for beams, sort of like in fighting games like Street Fighter. Their melee consists of pushing seperate punch and kick buttons which can turn into a button mashing-fest.

As for ESF, you select the attack you want and hold down the attack button to charge it. Melee consists of locking on to a target and then swooping in to knock them across the screen(read the stickies for more info on melee...)

DMZ seemed to have died earlier this year, but now it looks like they've got things running... http://dmz.flagrun.net/index.php

Best answers
NOO DONT FALL FOR IT jk but those arent auctual pics AND i agree with pain it does suck

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought we're not supposed to start flames comparing ESF and DMZ...
Both are DBZ mods, DMZ is just a little lacking compared to ESF. It's a little behind the times as of now, but from what I've seen from their new version, (1.8, current is 1.7) the mod should become very popular again once that is released.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly, DragonDude knows the rules. All threads comparing DMZ to ESF eventually lead to flames, but lets see if this can be civil, k?

ATOMIC COW, you need to get rid of at least one of those gifs, and put a line in between them and the text because they are too wide and are causing horizontal scroll bars, a very bad thing

Best answers
it has its pros and cons.... to tell u the truth i play dmz more as a jokingly type of manner... like screwing around while esf i play a little bit more seriously... bit i still screw around.... just dl both and see which u like better... cause if u ask here... ppl will say esf... if u ask in the DMZ forums, ppl will say get dmz. so just check which one u like for ur self

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahem shadowsaiyan17...

That wasn't spam, was it? Good. Just a friendly reminder to not make two word posts...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damnnnnnnnnn! I had so CRAZY good times on DMZ! Jesssssssssuuuuusssssssss I still have most of the good screens to remind me of most of them too, so fun. I play ESF now tho due to the fact DMZ, in it's current version (1.7b) is very unstable. I will play more DMZ once v1.8 is released, until then it's all ESF, I love them both! *Huggles*

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree, DMZ is a good mod, jsut not as good as ESF yet, but they have spent over a year working and recoding DMZ, so exspect a BIG surprise when released, dont judge a book by its cover!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The code hasnt been worked on non stop, it was asleep for a VERY long time atleast 3 coders have come and gone since the departure of ice bryce...

now that i think about it... the dmz community is like dmz ... fun not 2 serious, but the esf community is like fun but serious, the seriousness is ****e =]

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
esf and dmz community are just not comparable in any way if you ask me..

for me it's two completely different worlds

Best answers
ESF is better then dmz, the team is better and they make releases quicker, and the actual game is better. This is fact not a opinion.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now now pommy, dont start flaming other mods,.,.,.,.,
yeah as smo said, since different coders have left and joined, *rob, icebryce.,.,.,.* the code hasn't been touched, they basically need animations doing, i think they are tyring to put everything in DMZ 1.8 where as ESF is taking it step by step

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
although dmz is about hitting buttons repeadedly i kinda like it
especially the way to go SSJ its much harder to keep punching a few buttons in the right order, if you did get ssj it was more of a "reward" then esf method is,

but then again esf is my mod, nothing wrong with dmz tho

Best answers
nothin at all, but i dont think this discussion will go any place good now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom