Diversity Improvements

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think esf should have 2 to 3 sets of each animation.. example: goku's up hit wouldnt be the same animation over an over an over an over an over an over.. it would switch up.. ive seen some games do this and it makes the game feal very orignal an smooth..

Esf needs something that gives players a speed boost so when specing fight its very entertaining.. i mean its kinda lame to see 2 people constantly flying at the same speed in circles.. and one hitting the other.. But if either was to suddenly speed up an fly around the other and land a hit.. thats entertainment..

How to implement? very simple while swooping there is a boosted flight speed.. that costs more ki. Simply fly and Hold the *Powerup button* to fly faster. Let me state this before i explain the catch: a regular swoop lasts for about 5 to 6 seconds before it stops automaticly. ok the catch for this boosted swoop is that it lasts for 3 to 3.5 seconds before automaticly returning to normal speed.
(THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDE CRY IF THIS WAS IN 1.3!!!)plz oh pl zoh plz add

Beams.. its lame how you can detonate a beam instantly after shooting.
I say they add a delay to detonation, there should be a 1 to 2 second delay after shooting before someone can detonate a beam. I also think when a beam is detonad or exploads the beam shouldn't just disapear it should disperce into tiny pieces of energy..

New Jump: hold jump To shift weight(or to get ready to jump), then hold the direction u wish to go then release the jump button to jump. If holding forward you jump where you're looking.

2 new cross hairs for beam/ melee. For beam cross hair a big 2 inch in radius circle. when the beam is shot the people in the circle get a square around them. lets say there were 3. 2 square would be green and 1 would be red. the beam would lean to the red square ..

Beam Power push you should be able to put more energy into a beam Even when not psing.. but this energy doesn't make the beam stronger.. it speeds it up.. Holding Powerup when firing a big beam speeds up the beam and makes a bright aura over your character..

Basic melee.. After being hit for the first time with basic melee a player should be able to block the 2nd hit and if successful they only recieve half the damage. If a plyer does block successfully they regain control over there character and dont continue to fly back...

Rolling .. to recover a plyer should have to turn around and face the ground then press jump.. it would be more interactive an less *automatic*.

Blocking ... when a player blocks he should have the option to attack back with whater OR do a powerup which knocks their oppoent back with out giving damage. this gives the blocker time to powerup but if the other guy blocks when he does this he only flies back 1/4 the distance a basic melee hit would hit you.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VideoJinx said:
I think esf should have 2 to 3 sets of each animation.. example: goku's up hit wouldnt be the same animation over an over an over an over an over an over.. it would switch up.. ive seen some games do this and it makes the game feal very orignal an smooth..

Esf needs something that gives players a speed boost so when specing fight its very entertaining.. i mean its kinda lame to see 2 people constantly flying at the same speed in circles.. and one hitting the other.. But if either was to suddenly speed up an fly around the other and land a hit.. thats entertainment..

1.They allready sugeste a swoopboster and they sayid it will be addit

How to implement? very simple while swooping there is a boosted flight speed.. that costs more ki. Simply fly and Hold the *Powerup button* to fly faster. Let me state this before i explain the catch: a regular swoop lasts for about 5 to 6 seconds before it stops automaticly. ok the catch for this boosted swoop is that it lasts for 3 to 3.5 seconds before automaticly returning to normal speed.

1.They allready sugeste a swoopboster and they sayid it will be addit

I say they add a delay to detonation, there should be a 1 to 2 second delay after shooting before someone can detonate a beam. I also think when a beam is detonad or exploads the beam shouldn't just disapear it should disperce into tiny pieces of energy..

2.WTF a detonation deleay this suck's

New Jump: hold jump To shift weight(or to get ready to jump), then hold the direction u wish to go then release the jump button to jump. If holding forward you jump where you're looking.

3.I'v sugestet the same thing and the ansewr was just jump and teleport

new cross hairs for beam/ melee. For beam cross hair a big 2 inch in radius circle. when the beam is shot the people in the circle get a square around them. lets say there were 3. 2 square would be green and 1 would be red. the beam would lean to the red square ..

4.You only need 1 croshair

Beam Power push you should be able to put more energy into a beam Even when not psing.. but this energy doesn't make the beam stronger.. it speeds it up.. Holding Powerup when firing a big beam speeds up the beam and makes a bright aura over your character..

5.you can allready put more energi Ps make the beam stronger,

Basic melee.. After being hit for the first time with basic melee a player should be able to block the 2nd hit and if successful they only recieve half the damage. If a plyer does block successfully they regain control over there character and dont continue to fly back...

6.the melee system will be change and the knocback speed to

Rolling .. to recover a plyer should have to turn around and face the ground then press jump.. it would be more interactive an less *automatic*.

7.It's allready in but you will still have to get up someday

Blocking ... when a player blocks he should have the option to attack back with whater OR do a powerup which knocks their oppoent back with out giving damage. this gives the blocker time to powerup but if the other guy blocks when he does this he only flies back 1/4 the distance a basic melee hit would hit you.

8.this look's unbalancce
All in the theard

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VideoJinx said:
I think esf should have 2 to 3 sets of each animation.. example: goku's up hit wouldnt be the same animation over an over an over an over an over an over.. it would switch up.. ive seen some games do this and it makes the game feal very orignal an smooth...
Nice idea...but it'd mean a horrid workloaded added to individualize melee animations. Besides, the melee is already going to be changed.

VideoJinx said:
Esf needs something that gives players a speed boost so when specing fight its very entertaining.. i mean its kinda lame to see 2 people constantly flying at the same speed in circles.. and one hitting the other.. But if either was to suddenly speed up an fly around the other and land a hit.. thats entertainment.
I'm not sure what you mean here. A sudden speed bost isn't likely to add much of a dramatic effect. In EVM, when you get to a top transformation, your speed compared to a base form player is astoundingly different. But the gameplay doesn't change much.
VideoJinx said:
(THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDE CRY IF THIS WAS IN 1.3!!!)plz oh pl zoh plz add...
EVM has a "swoop booster" function which basically does that, or at least adds time to a swoop. It doesn't really add that much to gameplay.

VideoJinx said:
I say they add a delay to detonation, there should be a 1 to 2 second delay after shooting before someone can detonate a beam. I also think when a beam is detonad or exploads the beam shouldn't just disapear it should disperce into tiny pieces of energy...
I agree with this. I think the beams should at least fade away rather than disappear. I think I already suggested something like that once. Dispersing beams into particles of energy would be tough though to add I imagine, and would likely be Hell incarnate on ping.
VideoJinx said:
This idea is pretty nice, but shouldn't be manditory for any jump. A lot of times, the jump is just a quick simple way to avoid an attack or swoop. If you mean like: "hold forward while holding jump and you will jump forward", then I agree, that would be a nice addition that would be both pleasing to the eye and increase your ability to dodge from the ground.
VideoJinx said:
2 new cross hairs for beam/ melee. For beam cross hair a big 2 inch in radius circle. when the beam is shot the people in the circle get a square around them. lets say there were 3. 2 square would be green and 1 would be red. the beam would lean to the red square.
Again I don't think I understand, but if you mean something like: there is a wire bounding-box over each character and your beam, and the closer your beam is to the player, the more even the size of the beam and the player will be, then I like it as far as judging depth which makes beaming accurately a challenge. This tho, would also be an aid to beam spammers, and would make them twice as deadly.
VideoJinx said:
I really don't see the point in this. In DBZ, the beams always remain a very constant speed, I've never seen one slow down or speed up even while homing in to a target.
VideoJinx said:
Judging on how quickly you have to act to make that second simple melee hit, I don't see how anyone, even a Z-Fighter could stop that when they're blazing through the air at mach2. It would look really fake and just limit gameplay dynamics. You already have to be quick to make that hit, and if you can't, you can't simple melee for a few seconds.
VideoJinx said:
I agree that rolling uncontrollably needs fixing. It adds to much room for laming combos and exploits. Adding a simple way to recover would make loads of difference, because in no DBZ fight have I seen someone get rolled and not recover fairly fast, unless they're really low on energy.
VideoJinx said:
It only takes a split second for you to be able to simple melee again. I have already been able to block a simple melee, release and retaliate with my own and uppercut the sucker. This seems a little pointless.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
about the beam pushing... watch when vegeta lands on earth im pretty sure there is one time it shows him doing a kameha then suddenly pushing more energy into it increasing the size/speed of the beam..

about the 2nd melee block.. i said it should be possible.. and you wouldn't have to be that fast to turn and block... if you knew they were coming.. especially if they were coming head on.. but if you were to do it successfully then you'de regain control and the pace of the game continues..

This makes the 2nd basic melee hit a risk instead of .. what we all dont want >.> " a free hit "

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VideoJinx said:

Nice idea but animations will/are be changed already. Dont know to exacly what extent though (or im just not telling XD)

So you are saying to add EVMs speedbooster in. As mutch as i like that thing it should stay in EVM not in ESF.

Time befor the beam detonates there is a good idea. But not all detonations are for killing reasons. You also detonate a beam to be able to evade someone who is charging twards you. So maby no detoination but detaching beams that than just fade out.

2 new cross hairs for beam/ melee. For beam cross hair a big 2 inch in radius circle. when the beam is shot the people in the circle get a square around them. lets say there were 3. 2 square would be green and 1 would be red. the beam would lean to the red square ..

Beam autoaim? If thats the idea than i say no.

Sounds interesting but thats what turbo does in teh currrent version.

I say remove the hit limit make the blowback faster and add a posibility to block attacks aftert the second one.

I like it :p

Well you simply have to hold muse 2 and than you simplemelee punch the guy away. (allthough some people call it blocklame even if you dont do it every 3 seconds :s)
Just my thoughts

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
VideoJinx said:

(THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDE CRY IF THIS WAS IN 1.3!!!)plz oh pl zoh plz add.
Ok about this idea.. EVM May have a similar speed boost.. that speed you up by far and you go zooming across the map.. when i say SPEED BOOST i mean a Slight but Noticable speed increase, Not a sudden double in speed.. that would be lame..

I mean think about it.. your swooping straight at someone then you turn away and use your boost youde fly abit faster and your swoop would leave a trail. An when you hit someone they fly back a much further distance and the damage is slightly larger.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think theyre implementing that already, only you hit the turbo key and you fly faster with a bigger ki burn

i would show you if we still could get access to the design doc's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom