Distant sound and effect

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ambience is very nice, it really adds on to the environment. However, I think there could be some room for change. Is it possible to assign a sound to a model, as you were able to do in VHE? For example, you could apply the chirping sounds to the birds and have it play when you're around them.

If possible, I think something like that should be done. It just seems really weird to hear the constant sounds of birds chirping when you're flying around the map, with no birds to be seen.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if its being mentioned in the previous posts, but there should be a delay between the image we see and the sound we hear, as light travels faster than the sound.
It's a small accurate detail that I'm sure you can achieve without any complexion to it.

edit* its been mentioned in the first comment on Youtube, just saw it.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The distance really isn't great enough for the sound delay to matter.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
this is nice ;] !

Force Pit Member
Best answers
However a few trees here and there would be awesome.

And Denz, I like the idea..but that would go for the teleport sounds as well.. since these guys move a lot faster than the speed of sound. But that would just feel like lag or something.

Human?
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why not make smaller groups of trees in some places? For instance, 3-6 trees in one small area. I think it would fit the chirping better.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I enjoyed the other distant sound video that was posted in the FP awhile ago better.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Why not just make one big Xmas tree? Safe to say we will all assume theres a massive population of birds living there.

Discord Member
Best answers
yeah teh birds chirping soundbite should b cut out when your doing any moves or are in combat urself. doesnt make sense to have it unless u are doing nothing and just looking around

Best answers
great sense of scale!! maps are real roomy!

and maybe have the birds get that loud when no other sounds are playing :p
KEEPA UPA DA GOODA WORKA!!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The wait is absolutely killing me ! Great work so far guys !

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
nice sound effects indeed but 1 small comment.
I don't know if it stays that way but the transportations and hit sounds
don't sound far away compared to the explosions itself.

other than that i'd say you guys are pushing it >=)

And then there were none.
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Really excellent work. Thanks. I was really excited when I saw the potw was actually a video. The sound lag effect really would be unneccessary, as most DBZ fighters move much faster than the speed of sound.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
OMG LOL cant believe all the talking is about birds... the ONLY reason why u even notice the bird sounds is becuz i wasnt fighting in the first place. I was watching others from way far away. Remember, once ur ingame you will actually be fighting, i can guarantee you wont even notice the sounds at all becuz all the fighting soudns are much much louder than it when ur actually in the middle of the action. But yea i will try some things, and who said i wudnt add birds :D

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG LOL cant believe all the talking is about birds... the ONLY reason why u even notice the bird sounds is becuz i wasnt fighting in the first place. I was watching others from way far away. Remember, once ur ingame you will actually be fighting, i can guarantee you wont even notice the sounds at all becuz all the fighting soudns are much much louder than it when ur actually in the middle of the action. But yea i will try some things, and who said i wudnt add birds :D
nope FIX IT NOW

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My system can handle anything xD just sayin'

u can fill the whole map with complex trees it wont twitch (if thats the right word for it lolz)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom