Disrespectful or Harmless Joke?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It must be nice having nothing better to do...

I think its still pretty funny though. I would have gotten my SNES controller signed.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite my feelings that Nintendo has betrayed the 'original homegrown generation' of gamers, I respect Miyamoto as a developer. Growing up with his games, I expected 'him' to continue catering to my generation (the first (generation) of 'kids' raised in a world with video games), but instead 'he' chose to continue focusing on children.

Even if I can no longer enjoy his newer versions of Mario and Zelda, I hope the children of today can. As for this PSP nonsense.. If it's true, it was a little disrespectful, but Miyamoto is rumored to be a pretty nice guy--I'm sure he wasn't offended.

While I personally would've liked a chance to meet him, I wouldn't spend 5 hours on a streetcorner of New York waiting to.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if I can no longer enjoy his newer versions of Mario and Zelda, I hope the children of today can.
From what Ive seen, the next installment of Zelda looks pretty kick-ass.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And from what I've seen of the trailers, it's recycling several monster models, sprite graphics for the 'poof' animations, using the same tired Ocarina targeting system that Windwaker also used, and adding the 'lycanthropy' gimmick.

I'm not saying I won't given it a chance, I'm saying I don't expect much from it. But all this has nothing to do with the Miyamoto joke.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
-_-

christ...

I would've smiled and sigend it, it would've foiled the guy's little "joke", Miyamoto's face is priceless. I can't believe the guy waited in line just for that.

If you look at it that way, EVERY game with a sequel is rehashed.

Final fantasy uses the same tonberry models, the same cactuar models, it stayed turn based, and used the same simple turn based system for a w hile..so do other RPG's.

Resident evil 1 2 and 3 was the same thing, different places, hell in 3 you went back to the same police station.

capcom's idea of a street fighter sequel is making a new sprite with the same moves as another character and pulling it off as a different character.

Just saying Nintendo isn't the only one who does it, heh, they don't even remotely do it as much as people think, any game company does.

Now, I know this isn't a place, but let's make a rehash thread and what not if we want, and go on with making fun of the picture of miyamoto's face :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LESS TALK ABOUT NINTENDO GAMES MORE TALK ABOUT INCIDENT IN QUESTION.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a Nintendo man, but I think it's pretty funny. It's not Earth-shattering, but at least the guy has guts, I admire that.

Too bad Miyamoto didn't sign it for the hell of it.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Disrespectful? Yes.

I personally would have written in japanese something along the lines of "The holder of this is a jackass"

Much like the tattoo artist who got busted for writing profane things on people who wanted trendy asian writing tattoos.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
If I were in his position I would have done exactly the same thing.

Laugh, smile, sign the PSP and when the arrogant bastard kept talking I'd signal for my goons to kick his ass outside and laugh even more as they did so.

It's good to be king.. :p

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
LESS TALK ABOUT NINTENDO GAMES MORE TALK ABOUT INCIDENT IN QUESTION.
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I think that the way Miyamoto has been possessed by Playskool and Fisher Price for the last 5-10 years, he had it coming, but that aside I salute that guy for bringing the point to Nintendo's doorstep that they are not the King anymore.

Take your own advice. :yes:

Dragondude...that picture was hilarious, heh.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
When will ZEQ2 or DMZ be released.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont see why the incident is funny o_O if youre gonna do that kind of **** make it funny :cry:
some people have too much free time o_O standing in a line for hours waiting to do a practical joke D;

Best answers
i would not call it disrespectful just a joke calling him names ect or saying what he makes is crap that would be disrespectful. theres my 2cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom