Dismemberment

Best answers
Ok, i was just testing a new addition we made to our mod, when i came to think about how well it would fit ESF! - So after a bit of discussing it in the Chatbox, I'm posting it here!

Dismemberment! - For those that don't know what it is .. It's losing a limb, getting it cut off, shot off, blasted off .. whatever .. that's dismemberment! And how satisfying wouldn't it be to see a successful powerstrugle ending with your opponents limbs flying in 5 different directions (in case he wasn't vaporized from an attack, strong enough to do that) ..

What i am suggesting here, is not that we should be able to run around without a leg or anything, i just suggest that when you die, from an explosion powerfull enough, your body parts blow off .. wherever you were hit.

this shouldn't be too difficult i'd say, but what do i know :rolleyes:

- Feel free to discuss, compliment, or disagree with the idea!

Best answers
Im totally for it!
Cant be that hard, you just have to cut the models, draw something and thats it!
i think that will be cool to have a variant of dead corpses, some of then without the head, without one arm, legs, cut in the half....

success

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be going backwards imo. HL1 as that as default. You kill someone with a rocket launcher and there you go, you have ribs and livers everywhere.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would mean creating countless slice models for each character and each of that characters forms. Not to mention program in bodeypart hitboxes and checkers to see waht bodeypart was hit.

Besides ESF allready has GIB models. They are used for disc kills along with Trunks sword kills in 1.2

Best answers
If I remember well they did something like that back in the 1.2 beta version, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it would be great to see an upgraded version of it.

Have Fun ^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WHat you talking about. That was in since beta 1.1 :s

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure the disc dismemberment was new to 1.2.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem is every model would need a whole host of other models with various parts cut off.

It would need something like 4 extra models, per transformation, per class.

Then hitbox collsion checks to trigger the correct model changeovers.

The existing disc bodyparts are enough IMO.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure the disc dismemberment was new to 1.2.
Yes and no. The slice models specially created for ESF were new to 1.2.

But 1.1 allready ussed HLs default gib models for that stuff.

Best answers
My bad, never saw it back then xD. Anyway, and correct me if I'm wrong, the v 1.1 used the default hl1 gibs model, then in 1.2 they introduced custom gibs for the disk kills.

I think I should be faster posting, the people said just what I was writing before my post >.<

Last edited:
Best answers
Well =/ i wasn't talking about the half life thing with ribs flying .. more like what grega already explicitly killed my mood for defending by now :]

Bad idea i guess, my bad. It was in no way suggesting for the devs to need to do hours of work to get it perfect like that, it was suggested, believing that it would be easy, and that overall, it would be a nice detail.

However, while HL1 has blowup in it's base, it certainly is a horrible looking version of it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes and no. The slice models specially created for ESF were new to 1.2.

But 1.1 allready ussed HLs default gib models for that stuff.
Oh, well yeah. I was talking about Slice models

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well =/ i wasn't talking about the half life thing with ribs flying .. more like what grega already explicitly killed my mood for defending by now :]

Bad idea i guess, my bad. It was in no way suggesting for the devs to need to do hours of work to get it perfect like that, it was suggested, believing that it would be easy, and that overall, it would be a nice detail.

However, while HL1 has blowup in it's base, it certainly is a horrible looking version of it.
Go to your "ESF/models/slice" directory

You got your suggestion waiting in there.

Just that you cant really cut off an arm but you allways get the same slices ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom