Discussion: Scripting/Exploiting

Best answers
Now we all know what scripting is. Some people don't understand scripts and what they do. I want this thread here to be a place everyone can talk about scripting/exploiting. I want to hear opinions and what people feel should/shouldn't be allowed. Subjects can range from simple swoop scripts to aimbot/serious scripts.

Personally, I think scripting is unfair and should be totally discouraged. My reasoning is even the simplest script makes you faster than your opponent. I play the game w/out scripts or aimbots and try to get better that way. If people use the crutches that are scripts they themselves are terrible players in my opinion since they won't turn em off.

Discuss and keep the flames down.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally think, any kind of script is just an unatural advantage, a handicap if you will. That is like fighting someone with brass knuckles, though it is not completly automated, it gives you an advantage.

Even the swoop script, it gives you unnatural acceleration, which takes less effort than the oppoenet your facing. As for aimbot, pretty obvious that doesn't make someone the best player. Besides, things like these take the fun out of the game. Unlike console games, online games have the entity of competion, testing your natural skills in a game. I don't see the fun in finding an easy way out for the sake of an artificial advantage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scripts used for direct advantage over another player are bad. For example:

A script used to swoop, teleport, and charge all one after another would be unfair.
A script used to put an [AFK] in your name, is not an advantage, and would probably be ok.

Exploits are different. Exploits are oversights by the game designers and are never ok, that is why they are dubbed exploits, whereas scripts are player made and have a variety of purposes.

Best answers
Not this kind of thread again... we've been over this already. It's just asking to get flamed...

Any mod wanna close it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephize said:
Not this kind of thread again... we've been over this already. Any mod wanna close it?
The only closed the other because they were hostile in nature, forseeing this, they closed it before it could erupt any further. Jinks here is trying to have a civilized, hostile-free, discussion.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
The only closed the other because they were hostile in nature, forseeing this, they closed it before it could erupt any further. Jinks here is trying to have a civilized, hostile-free, discussion.
In my experience, the chances of having a civilized, hostile-free discussion about this topic is impossible. The last thread was probably intended to be civilized and hostile-free aswell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exploits. Haven't seen any of them :0

But, Scripts, I agree with Pain. Scripts so they put AFK in your name is good, but if they try to use scripts to get advantages over the other player, its bull****

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephize and Chakra, please post on topic from here on out. If you'd like to discuss the point of this thread between yourselves take it to PM's.

Now I'm going say that as a moderator I see nothing wrong with this thread as it stands right now. This may be subject to change as the thread continues however, and if it does, I'm confident that action will be taken by a mod of this section.

Best answers
As we all know: I disagree. For the simple reason a script can be a powerful tool to beat someone using an exploit.

Exploits: roll exploit, ceiling roll, blocklame, adv melee glitch, roll stop and im sure i left a lot out.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The main problem I am having trouble understanding....Is why use scripts? Exploits aren't 'a-okay' either, but it doesn' really give you a-sure fire advantage, because you have to pull it off first. But why use something like an aimbot? Just to see your name at the top of the list? Feel 'superoir' when people start getting frustrated that you are beating them?

But, I haven't really found people using scripts a lot (exploits is a different story :p) So, not much to seriously worry about.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
The main problem I am having trouble understanding....Is why use scripts? Exploits aren't 'a-okay' either, but it doesn' really give you a-sure fire advantage, because you have to pull it off first. But why use something like an aimbot? Just to see your name at the top of the list? Feel 'superoir' when people start getting frustrated that you are beating them?

But, I haven't really found people using scripts a lot (exploits is a different story :p) So, not much to seriously worry about.
aimbot is a cheat, not a script. the reason therefor is that a swoopscript can be made with notepad and a few lines. an aimbot is, afaik, more like a program. People use scripts for many different reasons. Some want their name on the top, the other just uses them to overcome his own limits and another uses them to overcome exploits.

Imo u cannot feel superior when using a script. However, afaik, u can just make ur own damn script if ur so pissed off about someone else using them. If u dont want to use: thats YOUR choise!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why bother using them anyway ? No one i play against uses them , But it's just getting use to the game that makes it the best part & building exp so you can play better. There will always be an area where your opponent will have a weak point , but don't jsut get lazy and start using scripts and stuff (The swoop script though does allow easier movement and more of a chance to get your opponent into melee , but that in it'self will have a ki cost , but someone could use two scripts. Now that's an unfair cheating advantage).

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I like scripts. Mostly because they are something to play around with like with HTML coding, Hexadecimal editing, etcetera. I personally only use them for small benefits (buy scripts for Counter-Strike mostly, along with some fun things which do not give me an advantage at all). Usually when I use scripts, I use them while playing bots rather than other people so I do not have to keep on exiting the game and fix any problems in the script then looking for the server again.

Using scripts to get an advantage over someone is normal as there are tons of games which have the same thing. If someone is using scripts, then make yourself more determined to show them that you can beat him without using scripts. Just like with cheaters, they use trainers and what not to win, I use that to give me an edge to push my limits of my gaming compatibilities. I find excitement competing against powerful players, regardless if they are cheating or using scripts.

I found that if you fought a very powerful opponent constantly (Ultimate bots for example) your skill will greatly increase over time. You just have to place yourself in a situation in which you can not do easily at all, then your mind will adapt. Like with exercising, all it is; is your body adapting to the stress you place on it. It just takes time like all things in the world.

Best answers
To me though in the spirit of pvp scripts kinda lame it out. See what I would like to see is the scripter people turn them off and fight w/out them for once. The problem with scripts is its harder to tell from an aimbot =(

As for exploits...kinda iffy on them. I know about the ground rolling exploit and can actually pull it off, but I don't do it purposely. Usually i'll end up smacking them straight up for my 3rd or 4th hit. I dunno what the roll stop is explain this one for me plz.

Best answers
Scripts are most certainly an unfair advantage in this mod. If a person has a good one they will most undoubtably have a large advantage over anyone who does not have an equal or greater script. Though its the nature of this game that it requires a lot of key presses in a short time to be effective...top that off with the engine and its pretty damn impossible to stop.

You know its funny though jinks I just got out of a server with you which had a major scripter in it. I'm sure most of you know the type...they want to be the best, but don't want to put in the work. They will pick on new players to show off how "leet" they are and laugh about it. Its pretty sad if you think about it. I barely play this mod anymore because of those types, but when I do I make sure to tick them off then go afk and watch a movie. So while they are constantly stalking my afk char ingame they are leaving other new players alone. Theres nothing worse for a new player then having no chance of fighting back....and what new player is scripted out the....

Theres only really two solutions to this problem though. One is to make it impossible to use scripts...Which to my knowledge is impossible. The second is to make scripts easily available or even built into the game so that it is a level playing field.

Best answers
uh the roll stop is jus u hit a button and u stop rolling. its not a exploit i dont think but i guess some people jus dont like it if they can hit u a extra time in a roll but u stop it.

as for scripts i dont like scripts at all but thats my personal preference. i have too much pride to actually use advantages jus to win in a computer game. id rather get killed 20 times in a row then use a script to get a kill. i have nuttin against scripters tho. but if i had a choice i would like to fight people who dont but like said b4 u can never tell.

but exploits are jus as bad as scripts. block-throwing, adv melee glitch or "adv speed" as some call it, ceiling exploit, or rolling exploit are jus as bad as cheats cause most of those moves are pretty much unstoppable like most of the time most pros ive fought will the block throw u to the top of the map then ceiling exploit u. its a pretty cheap way to win but its some peoples prefecrence. then if u throw in a turbo charged gen beam at the least it takes away about 80hp.

ive fought many of those people that use those same techniques. to take out the ceiling exploit i think u should stick to the top of the map instead of bouncing off of it i think that it would end the ceiling exploit. cus even tho there are some that throw u up there there are also some that melee hit u then angle u up there on the second hit and turn it into the ceiling exploit.

all in all its jus personal preference of who wants to use them. i do think esf would be alot more fun to play if scripts and exploits were never in the game.

Best answers
somerandomguy what server was it? there are soooo many people that can yank off 2 tele's real fast and just chain swoop REAL fast.

As for exploits yeah they need to go. I don't like being able to roll people on the ground 92418794714 times. I usually will try to plan 2 hits and get em on the ground in an angle. This will set up my 3rd hit and possible get a 4th. Still trying to get better and practicing some new tactics. Though getting the tele tele hit down is difficult for me.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
when U R saying script R U meaning CFG's? i mean exec XXX.cfg and orhter binded thinGz

Best answers
Imo that roll exploit is kind of fun. If u're good at it, it still gives u that 1.1 feeling. The 1 that annoys me is the blocklame. It should've never been in the game.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
roll exploit is fun? you hit them by holding w and right click..1.2.3.4.5.dead wooohoo! >_> personally i dont see the fun in it.

Scripts that give you an afk or just are handy for the mere fact that nobody is at a disadvantage, thats cool, but giving yourself an ability in the gameplay that you shouldnt ordinarily be able to do is cheating, plain and simple.

Its pretty sad that people find it so important to be good at a game they make something that gives them an advantage over others. It just shows peoples mentality imo, i play games for fun, using scripts just shows to me they value winning on a computer game more than respect/making sure everyone has a good time. Its like they've got something to prove, and their only way of proving it to the world is being better than people they dont know or care about in a computer game. Which imo is the 12 year old spoiled brat mentality, i see it all over the net, in many multiplayer games, at the end of the day, they just need to get laid.

We all know there are ****heads on the internet. I dont see the point in just making it any worse. Play fair people and enjoy yourself, dont be so caught up in making sure you win, if you've got so much sexual tension go spank off before you play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom