Discussion:Prepunch/teleport attack

Best answers
Go to esf-worlds website, they will probably have it.
Since you know you break a rule why dont you just make a thread of your own.

As for the melee, its always the same deal. People always complain about the current system, then when the next one comes out, they worship the one they preveiously hated (of the preveious version). Applies for alpha, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah I bet you loved hitting a guy while they had no capability to react and feeling like you were god-like. It was always impressive to see that once in a great while but there was nothing stupider than someone who did it constantly...it really killed the game, I think.

You'd never see that kind of pride in a shooting game, I think.

Besides...in 1.2.1 you can do 15 two-hit combos in a row. Mathematically, it's not so different...right?
since when did i say i did it all the time? quote me. and when did i say i felt god like? i said if i saw someone rolling, by that i mean the guy im fighting, i would do it. that doesn't mean i do it every 5 seconds. ooo how impressive, you can hit me twice in 1.2.1 and throw a generic beam/ball/ki blast or 2 at me.

i said i miss it do you have a problem with that?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
you can hit me twice in 1.2.1 and throw a generic beam/ball/ki blast or 2 at me.

meh... in this version the combos can last forever if you can hit the geometrically correct... I can link a combo for up to 6-7 hits then the player normally dies due to the terrain damage

while in 1.1 combos would last maybe 5 hits if you could save your ki well and then hit them at the best possible angles

But since the Knockbacks are being lengthened and sped up, this problem with the "unlimited" combos will be done for...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I have a good idea. What if they added something that you can do when being knocked back?

Like, Guy A hits you. Guy A swoops in to nail the "Two-fer," and you, Guy B, have a move that can be executed with precision timing (pressing a key at the right time) where your character would do something like kick away from the attacked player, avoiding the hit?

Just a thought.

As for you missing the combo...I think it's fine that you miss it but I guarantee if it got done to you all the time you would be glad to see it gone.

In 1.1 the system wasn't better but it was more rare to see the unblockable string of hits. My gripe mainly with 1.2.1 is that almost everyone does hit-hit-beam, some do worse than that. It's pretty cheesy, because the math of it is really simple:

If Guy A and Guy B fight, both with only simple melee, let's say Guy A is me and doesn't use that tactic. Let's say Guy B is someone who does. Literally speaking, Guy A has to land 200% as many hits as Guy B to score a kill. If there's terrain involved, the double knockback makes that percentage even larger, and this is not including the ki blobs or generic blasts.

I still maintain my theory that this can be fixed by making the second hit have some kind of trade off, like a much shorter recovery time or something. There are a lot of ways it can be looked at.

Either way, 1.2.1 makes me happier to play now. With the tweaks to advanced melee I can actually deal damage worth dealing in response to players who use this tactic. Plus it's sweet when you land a 14hp kick to the chin; so satisfying. Hehe.

I know most people don't want to do anything to change the "exploit" as I often call it. I don't really think it should be out of the game; I wish I could come up with a good way to balance it out so that it could stay but not be so aggravating.

Best answers
it is part of the game. Everyone will use what they can to defeat someone. A lot of people hate me when i play since i will use what i can to win..whether they think it is "Cheap" or not.

In every fighting game there are moves that everyone will do.

examples

Mortal Kombat
back in the sega genesis age when MK just came out...At one point or another when you were facing a computer...you would leg sweep them constantly till they died if you were sick and tired of it since a computer could not block the sweep.

Street fighter:
Jump kick into either a low kick sweep or Lk Lk Hk sweep...everyone does it but it is the other moves that will make you defeat the opponent and you would use this setup (( most did )) to get to those other moves

each game has these "exploits" and esf is no different. We all have the same basic moves but the adv moves are what make the game fun. Hell even when i don't use exploits it still fun to face people using different tactics. Don't think of the "exploit" ((i hate saying it is)) as something to be hated but something to learn from.

i know i am just rambling but i just wanted to get my 2 cents in.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i agree with that right now its the meleeing exploit but hey i dont hear anything about the constant ki beam spammers and the sbc noobs no doubt you probably went up against people better than you and decided to complain about it

Best answers
Weird this is still a complaint since I haven't played in awhile.

Simple Melee with the dble hit and ki ball is a tactic. If you don't like getting beat like this then DON'T GET HIT. When I played the skill was in getting in that first hit and somewhat what the person did after scoring that first hit. What this is a case of is a better player getting the hit in and using simple melee instead of adv where any nub can throw a counter attack in. With the way adv melee was set up a skilled player was stupid to let the other player get in an attack; specially, when you are going 1 on 10+. To me they should fix the knockback speed/distance to 1.1 and get rid of the tele timer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's retarded. That's like saying, in a shooter, you get hit by one bullet and it magically makes every other bullet hit you instantly, and the solution is to just never ever get shot. That isn't how you make a good balanced game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom