Discussion:Prepunch/teleport attack

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
well simple melee is being changed so its not so easy to max out combos and whore beams
More Complexity in Controls = Cool

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
More Complexity in Controls = Cool
No no and NO. Controls need to be simple that is key in all games. Controls=easy but doing moves=complex. Don't make the game hard by adding techinical difficultes thats just stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem with the whole thing isn't how far back you get knocked. It's how fast you get there...if they sped up the knockback it might solve the problem anyway, because only highly juiced players could do it.

I know people crack on me all the time for calling this an exploit but really I'd like to see a mutually beneficial solving of the problem that makes everyone happy...which is why I've yet to start a "take out double hitting" thread.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe if the took out the hold down right click it can turn into a skill thing.

if it came down to precise timing it would require more skill to perform.

mostly if someone is swooping at me i would teleport right into their face, but sadly enough you will allways end up getting prepunched yourself, when infact you should be the one gaining the benefit in that situation.

Best answers
whats wrong with the system as it is... i mean i think its great that guys who dont play 24/7 actually can get 1 kill now but i guess some guys wont be happy until newbs cant even enter esf anymore...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the point is that you should be able to get better at a game, and not master 3/4 technique´s that every guy that enter the server can do in an hour.

i mean its allready common to get 2 hits secondary combo with an ki ball in youre face :)

what i mean is that it doesnt leave much room for making different tactics because they all come down to the same, thats what i find kinda boring.

the beta 1.0 system had more excitement to it than current system has.

Not that i´m telling it was better than current system, cause it aint.

this system has more potential in it, though i think it can use more tweaks.
blocking and attacking wise. i think its to easy to block attacks. than again it is to easy to attack. but thats just my 2 cents

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
The problem with the whole thing isn't how far back you get knocked. It's how fast you get there...if they sped up the knockback it might solve the problem anyway, because only highly juiced players could do it.

I know people crack on me all the time for calling this an exploit but really I'd like to see a mutually beneficial solving of the problem that makes everyone happy...which is why I've yet to start a "take out double hitting" thread.
I, someone who likes simple melee, made a "take out the double hit" thread (http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=47574). It didn't get too many replys because people were responding to stupid suggestions that would ruin the game instead of my thread.

Anyway, speeding up the knockback is a good idea. The only way you could perform the combo then would either be with a teleport or if your ssj.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VeTaNaToR said:
whats wrong with the system as it is... i mean i think its great that guys who dont play 24/7 actually can get 1 kill now but i guess some guys wont be happy until newbs cant even enter esf anymore...
Sad but true, my friend. Sad but true.

Those same people will be suffering from sandy vagina syndrome later when it's totally changed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all i can say is bring back the oh so famous "three hit combo" of course im the only person who likes this. its probably the only reason i want to play 1.1 now. i just liked doing it. the fact that once i actually practiced it, and mastered it, i did it in even the most intense fights. i saw someone rolling on the ground with out thinking id hit them up teleport three times and hit them down. and i almost never missed ^^ *sigh* that was my favorite part of 1.1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I bet you loved hitting a guy while they had no capability to react and feeling like you were god-like. It was always impressive to see that once in a great while but there was nothing stupider than someone who did it constantly...it really killed the game, I think.

You'd never see that kind of pride in a shooting game, I think.

Besides...in 1.2.1 you can do 15 two-hit combos in a row. Mathematically, it's not so different...right?

Best answers
Hybrid said:
I, someone who likes simple melee, made a "take out the double hit" thread (http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=47574). It didn't get too many replys because people were responding to stupid suggestions that would ruin the game instead of my thread.

Anyway, speeding up the knockback is a good idea. The only way you could perform the combo then would either be with a teleport or if your ssj.
If someone would ever pay attention to anything I damn well say. They would know that I said a long time ago that. The Mp_simplemelee 0 cvar. Has the faster, and longer knockback making it harder (alot harder) for you to get a combo in. If someone would actually have paid attention they would've known that by now. The only way to make ESF enjoyable again (meaning making me play it more than 10 minutes). Is to make **** harder to do again. I hate going into a server seeing everyone fight the exact same. In 1.2 there is like 3 strategies at most, and everyone knows how to use all of them effectively, but when in 1.1 you had alot more strategies, but lets not get into that. ESF Team put the mp_simplemelee 0's knockback into the regular game, and we will see a bigger increase in well Fun Factor.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Besides...in 1.2.1 you can do 15 two-hit combos in a row. Mathematically, it's not so different...right?
This is true, if you can find a nearby corner in the celing, you can do an infinate combo if you can keep the ki needed up.

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
This is true too. If they just increased the speed to much faster and the distance 1.5 times before the recovering started everything will be even.
  1. They will be further away faster, thus giveing the attacker less time to react to the next move (the second hit, ki ball)
  2. It will leave the person that is bieng moved far enough away for the attacker to loose a clear shot
  3. Once a person has recovered, it will give him enough space and time to charge up ki if need be
  4. And there is enough distance for a dodge if the attacker still has enough ki to swoop rapidly towards his enemy

The only disavantage is if there is many walls in the way.
Ther is an advantage in this, too. A person can jump off the wall sooner than before.

Best answers
related to 1.0/1.1

well yeah i bet SOME thought it was cool to hit a guy 150 times so he died and he couldnt fight back at all... but however lets turn the tables what would THEY do if you had this game thought it as cool and would like to play it BUT didnt have the time to play 20 hours straight to learn all that crap and as soon as you get home from a 10 hours school day like me want a short game of esf before going out and BAM!!! you cant get 1 friggin second to move cuz some jerk keeps punching you til you die and fighting back is no option cuz the GREAT 1.1 system prevents you from getting concius before youre dead... the esf team did something professional game devolepers do too cuz honestly... who woulod buy a game were you can execute moves that are unblocable? you? in 1.1 some peeps could keep punching you until you were dead and there was NO way to prevent it as soon as they got 1 hit youre dead.
and bsides the esf team decided to go this way and thats just it... if however some peeps dont like it they are free to start their own mod...

Best answers
i got a question......... WHY ARE THERE NO DRAGONBALLS IN VERSION 1.2?!?!?!?!
what can i do?? is there a patch for dragonballs??

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diablo-666 said:
i got a question......... WHY ARE THERE NO DRAGONBALLS IN VERSION 1.2?!?!?!?!
what can i do?? is there a patch for dragonballs??
Completely off topic and there was NO NEED for the bold and underline.
The dragonballs arent in the default maps cause people were *****ing about how they crashed so much. You will have to get a map that has dragonballs in them.

Ontopic: the 1.0/1.1 methods for melee were removed for the reason of fairness. 1.0/1.1 was easy, but some idiots thought it was hard. Too many people were complaining about the expert players beating the hell out of them, and too many people asked for a more advanced system.

Best answers
i know this isnt about the melee/teleport thing but im a noob and this is the firts day that i have ESF...... and i love it....
but i played at a friend b4 but there were db and now there arent :'(

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please look at what you agree to before you join these forums. You have breached 3 rules. The bold and underline rules for posting, the refuseing to stay ON TOPIC rule, and the double posting rule (refuseing to use the edit button). I realize that you are new to forums, but please look around in threads for on topic.
A good map could probally be ape_city. They have the dragonballs in nice places.

I dont know why people keep saying the words, "Then you can make your own mod". 99.999999% of people will ignore that statement and still complain here. It never goes anywehre.

Best answers
im sorry i know im braking another rule:( but u are the only one capable of helping me....
where can i find the map ape_city?????

about the topic :D i think that more moves are cool and teleport is handy when someone attacks u:) so let it stay in the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom