Disc drive doesn't work.. please respond ASAP!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. Just recently I discovered that discs will not work on my computer. I don't really know what to explain other then when I put a disc in, explorer(.exe) pretty much stops functioning until I take the disc out, and even then, it starts working again after 10+ minutes.

I reinstalled the driver, did a virus scan, and nothing. Tried a DVD, game, everything, and still no dice. I don't think there's anything wrong inside the computer because the thing opens and closes without having to forcibly open it. I was using discs not even 3 months ago and they were working fine.

Edit: I don't know if it'll help, but the driver name is Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A ATA Device

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Windows 7. I've been using it for quite a while.

So after putting SC2 into my computer and went to watch TV, I took a glimpse at my computer screen and **** was going ****ing crazy. I had.. I'd say over 50 random windows explorer windows open and all my programs were going white (I don't really know how to further explain that, all the windows were simple solid white) and this went on for a few minutes. After that the programs stopped opening.

Here's a picture showing all the windows that opened (there's obviously way more):

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope. No luck.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, every other disc has problems.

Also did the scan, no issues detected either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom