DirectX10+Vista = Godlike?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe that DX 10 will not be XP compatible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, everyone is saying that, but I am betting that it is solely because none of the DX10-capable video cards will be compatible with it, much the same way DX9 won't work on, say, Win95.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
This change also means that Microsoft will not release DirectX 10 for Windows XP, because many of the Direct3D10 improvements will need the new Windows Vista Display Driver Model.
uhuh

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm must have missed that, too bad, again they are almost forcing people to buy Vista just for DX10.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Hmm must have missed that, too bad, again they are almost forcing people to buy Vista just for DX10.
No way, you mean that to play the latest, greatest games with all the eye candy we will have to........upgrade?! That's retarded, we've never had to do that before!

*Sigh* I'm getting tired of people complaining that Microsoft is forcing you to upgrade. No one complains that you need the best video cards, processors, and motherboards to play the newest games with all the bells and whistles. But god forbid Microsoft has something new that you need to buy to get the best graphics. I mean come on! It's cheaper than all the previously mentioned computer components, and it won't have a superior product for several years, meanwhile your videocard is getting beat in several months.

And I almost forgot! If you are still super sad that you have to buy Vista, or you're really poor, or whatever your excuse is, well you don't even have to buy it! Last time I checked, you can get every single version of Windows for free, and it only takes one really simple step.

Step 1) Press Download

That was hard.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Sicron said:
Someone who hates vista (but wants DX10 for halo or whatever) will write a software compatibility layer, or write a patch for XP that lets you manually install the dx10 drivers :p

Last time I checked, you can get every single version of Windows for free, and it only takes one really simple step.
Talk like that isn't allowed here ;O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom