DirectX problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I need some help or suggestions with how to fix my CS 1.6 so I could be able to play ESF. I installed the latest update for DirectX 9.0c from Microsoft's page and since then I keep getting an error every time i open the game after a reinstall then the game will just close every time i open it. I tried to set it on Direct3D, OpenGL and even Software but I keep getting the same thing. I was getting errors before but those were only when i was trying to change the brightness. Even tough my game restarted and changed the settings to default I was still able to set them back and play. But now it seems lost and I need some help. :cry:

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The non-steam version is not supported here.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
O rly? I just played ESF 1.2.3 ECX RC2 on a non-steam version of CS 1.6 for some long months. But ever since i installed a update for DirectX 9.0c my Half-life gives a error. So stop telling me about ESF not being supported on a non-steam version of half-life. It's not ESF I can't play. It's my half-life that gives that error. Now i have to play ESF 1.2.3 on the WON2 version of HL1. And it's pretty sucky cos most of the maps give errors. Something Host ERROR: hgibs overflow. Or when i try to ascend with buu to suber-buu it sais something with " Host ERROR: Can't load more than 123 huds".

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
O rly? I just played ESF 1.2.3 ECX RC2 on a non-steam version of CS 1.6 for some long months. But ever since i installed a update for DirectX 9.0c my Half-life gives a error. So stop telling me about ESF not being supported on a non-steam version of half-life. It's not ESF I can't play. It's my half-life that gives that error. Now i have to play ESF 1.2.3 on the WON2 version of HL1. And it's pretty sucky cos most of the maps give errors. Something Host ERROR: hgibs overflow. Or when i try to ascend with buu to suber-buu it sais something with " Host ERROR: Can't load more than 123 huds".
The non-steam version is not supported here.
^ That sums it up pretty much. Maybe there are ways to get it to work, but why all the troubles and issues when you can simply buy Half-Life for around 10 dollars which is really cheap? We do not support people who are not using steam and refuse to use steam. You are very welcome to create a new thread once you Steam and a legit version of Half-Life runned through the steam software as well. Until then, we do not provide any support to non-steam users. Unless of course they are willing to get steam but are having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom