Direct X 10 on XP??

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well my bro has vista and so i was looking for a DX 10 update for him (allready found it though) and i came across quite a few sites claiming they have an XP version of the thing.

Well all the sites do say the same thing.

http://www.technospot.net/blogs/download-directx-10-for-windows-xp-from-alky-project/

Now they all do say its still an alpha that might let you down and make your life a DX hell. But im just wondering what you guys think of the idea of cracking the vista DLLs for use on XP ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard of that...

It's a nice idea, I'd certainly prefer to have Vistas perks than Vista itself. But I though they'd abandoned that project...

Discord Member
Best answers
Don't download it messed up my system xD lol
dxdiag claims its dx10 but it messes up your direct x, you cant install 9 again, and some games mess up...up untill recently i reinstalled my windows i had to search the systems folders and delete the things dll's and other ****...anyhow
DO NOT...DOWNLOAD IT

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't download it messed up my system xD lol
dxdiag claims its dx10 but it messes up your direct x, you cant install 9 again, and some games mess up...up untill recently i reinstalled my windows i had to search the systems folders and delete the things dll's and other ****...anyhow
DO NOT...DOWNLOAD IT
I wasnt saying download it. I was saying what you thin k of the idea.

As for the games messing up. It says that the current build causes problems for lots of games. So anyone smart enough to read it wouldnt install it without making a plan B ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom