Different Types Of Melee.

Best answers
If you are going to reply to this thread please read the whole thing :)

In ESF melee is the default weapon and the best one in the sense that (at least from what I have seen) a good melee person can definitely beat a beam spammer. Becuase of this I think there needs to be more variation to the melee system. I am not talking about adjusting how the control and actions of melee work (yet.....) I am talking about other factors that can be applied. I used to play the DBZ collectible card game and it had different styles of fighting and different variations of melee. This concept could be applied to ESF. Here are my idea for variations of melee. I think that when you start off in a game you should get the default melee and then by pressing the "1" key again you can cycle through the different types

(These names were inspired by being a veteran player of the DBZ CCG)

Red Style of Melee- Every time you hit a player you get an additional 50,000 points (the amount is open to discussion) to the default PL gain of hitting your opponent.

Green Style of Melee- An additional 5 (the amount is open to discussion) hit points is taken away every time you hit your opponent.

Blue Style of Melee- You get an additional 2 teleports (the amount is open to discussion).

The Black Style of Melee- Your default swoop speed is given an extra 10 points (the amount is open to discussion).

Orange Style of Melee- Your PL gains an additional 100,000 (the amount is open to discussion) when you swoop at your opponent (the reason it should happen when you swoop and you is to prevent people from using to help them win BS's or PS's). The PL gain IS NOT PERMANENT. It is only when you have that style of Melee selected and you swoop. when you are not swooping your PL returns to the default. Having turbo on or off will not affect this whether you can use this.

This will add more variation to the Melee of ESF. Maybe certain characters can use certain styles. Please Reply

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems interesting, but Those aren't really different styles of melee, just different advantages you get. I think if they were to add in different styles you'd have to make them much different from eachother. Allthough I think this suggestion has potential.

Best answers
I want to let more people tell me if they want more variations to these "advantages" of melee before I edit them. I added a poll to see what the people wanted.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about just modefy the spead and power
example:
fast wery fast harder to block does little damage
medium the default spead and damage
slow more damage slower spead

ofcorse if u are fast enough evrithing is blockable

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what's about this ... you fight for a long time ... you collect PL as hell ... then you transform ... then you will have more HP you will be stronger and faster ... and you got a few points for killing the enemies

don't try to make transformation useless or more powerfull ... the point of ESF is to kill enemies to be able to transform ... then you get strength, speed, ki and life

Best answers
I don't see how these styles make the transformations completely useless o_O . These advantages were made so people could use any character and be even with all the other players(I should haver explained this earlier). I have seen and I have done this myself where that being I have had to switch characters based on who my opponent was using and there way of fighting. For exp. I am using Buu and there is a SSJ Gohan user who is spamming the KHH. By using the blue style I can dodge the KHH and hit him. What it I am using Vegeta and there are only two people on the map. I use the redstyle to gain my PL faster since he is the only person Iam fighting. What if my opponent has a slight edge in PL over me in melee. Use the orange style. The characters aren't completely balanced in ESF. By adding these styles the PLAYERS could be the ones balancing the characters with their skill instad of the ESF team having to rewrite the stats of certain characters. The best players in ESF are the best melee players. I understand that DBZ and ESF are pretty much melee based.... This does hurt noobs though and non-seasoned players who get pwned becuase they haven't learned melee yet and how to work it to their advantage. This will add more variation and forces players to adjust to the different advantages that they can take and add variation. This has little to do with tranformations....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not gonna happen

there already enough work with 1 melee system another just isnt gonna happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom