Differences between power levels

Best answers
well i was playing ESF last night and i had only just joined so my pl was very low, and iwas fighting an SSJ, dont mean to brag or nowt but i was kicking him about a bit. I just htink there should be a bigger difference in power levels, if you look at DBZ when someones transforms or woteva, then normally the person there fighting can barely get a punch on them and in come cases wen they do land a hit, it barely affects the other person. Maybe this should be incorporated in ESF, dunno how hard it would be to do so, but as i say there should be a bigger difference, you shouldnt be able to kick about an SSJ or woteva wen ur on a much lower pl.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was done to balance out the game... if it was done the way you said, the person that goes SSJ first owns the whole game :scared:

Best answers
not necessarily just other people will have to work harder in getting ther pl higher, maybe teaming up against him or woteva.. i just feel it would create a more realistic feel to the game, u dont need to make it much stronger, but atm it seems like ther is no real need to go SSJ cuz it doesnt provide much more of an advantage apart from a bit more speed etc. but if u made it stronger then it would require maybe more team work or if in a free fight more thought into how u attack him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You say that people should just team up on a SSJ, but think about it... would people actually DO that? A lot of people just want to kill whoever they can.
By the way, when SSJ you gain A LOT of speed... if you try to melee a SSJ while you aren't one, you'll have a hard time.

Best answers
well i just think SSJ should be a bit more stronger, so like it takes a couple of blows to knock them down or something, so it will feel more like DBZ.

Best answers
I do agree with hell fire a little bit. Maybe the difference bewteen normal and the first transformation could be a little greater...Not making it to unfair but like he saidn in the shows when on of the Z fighters transformed the villain couldn't even hit them....

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Making the game so it is so DBZ realistic would make it garbage. It would be a terrible idea to make it so SSJ's are so strong that they cannot be hurt that easily. You guys have to keep in mind this is a game based on dbz. Not dbz itself

Best answers
im not saying they shouldnt be hurt at all im just saying that they should be stronger, because atm ther is no major difference between SSJ and normal, a person who has just joined the game can easily beat up the person who is SSJ

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is one answer to this that might be kind of cool...

Okay. Leave the levels, strength, all the stats stuff like ki pool and that type of thing...leave it all how it is now.

What could be added to make it a little tougher to beef with a transformed player is a second less severe melee hit animation. Like instead of going flying helplessly and righting yourself somewhat quicker then normal, you could just get pushed back like 2/3 the usual amount and force, and instead of spinning in pain, they could just kind of be knocked backward some without the spinning. You could even dub in some taunting sound fx, quotes from the show where they dissed other characters, like one of those signature Vegeta quotes ("I've seen stronger houseplants!"). It would of course do very slightly less damage.

Or if you are like double the other guy's PL, they could throw in an auto-dodge for when you block, so that you get the opportunity to counter an enemy, kind of like when Buu and Gohan fight and Gohan just never gets hit; every swing Buu takes, Gohan appears behind him and melees him to hell. If you have a massive PL differential, maybe they could implement something like that, although it would be tough to gain PL on death PL-free servers. A guy with a fresh spawn PL tries to melee an 8mill PL supersaiyan, and the SSJ blocks; instead of a block he could be teleported behind the enemy, who will go into a confusion animation for like a split second where a normal melee attack would have made "impact."

Ehh. I like my first idea much better, but it's just a thought.

Best answers
Theres already a big difference between the two. The difference in speed and teloports is huge. You almost don't have to conserve ki in your transformed state. While before you have to recharge in every spare second you can. (This is assuming your figting someone of equal or more skill than you.)
Although I don't really like his stated ideas, I agree with SaiyanPrideXIX that someone much stronger should get some sort of melee advantage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't agree with my ideas either, in retrospect...they'd be spammed all to hell and be very unfair. hehe

Of course I think a lot of the answers to enhancing this game lie in sound effects and animation, rather than additional attacks or balances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom