Did you guys ever fixed how sometimes the beams just drops when fired?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You know when you have a really large character like Godgundam's Brolly and you shoot a beam but it just drops to his knees and continue to shoot normally?

This always bugged me. It also happens when your characters shoots very high or very low and the beam just drops to some part of the character's head or leg.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Broly isn't in ESF, so if you're refering to ECX or any other expansion, you should ask in their respective threads.

1.3 has been totally revamped, so I might guess that minor glitches like these will not be a problem for optional models.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know when you have a really large character like Godgundam's Brolly and you shoot a beam but it just drops to his knees and continue to shoot normally?

This always bugged me. It also happens when your characters shoots very high or very low and the beam just drops to some part of the character's head or leg.
Not really sure what you mean. Can you take a picture of it or try describing it better?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he means that the beam start sprite isn't at the hands.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hes talking about how the first segment of your beam can be 'bent' before the beam normalizes.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have no idea what you mean

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I know thats an ecx shot, but the same thing happens whenever you aim high or low.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So why did he mention custom models then? That happens regardless.

And I just checked. Still happens in 1.3

http://imgur.com/kjK6g.png
Lol I don't know I'am stupid...

It just irritates me everytime it happens. I know it's small and doesnt effect gameplay wise but it looks weird.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I thought as Karrde did. I remember some characters used to fire beams out of their crotch.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the open beta, yeah, but that was because some beams weren't aligned to the proper place yet and a lot of chars lacked animation. I guess that could happen to custom models in 1.2.3 too

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, either way, we know it's a problem and we know how to fix it. Just a question of when we get to it. Also, mous4u, if you don't have a comment that adds to the thread, please do not comment at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom