Did the developement of ESF 1.3 stop.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Its been awhile maybe like month since the last update was released. I am thoroughly excited for the release of the long awaited mod. I am astounded that the development team has dramatically tweaked the original have life engine into to something that looks as good as the source engine, congrats on all the hard work you've put forth to create such a game. I would be glad to pay 10 to 20 dollars on this game if you were make people buy it.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh

They just released an update a few days ago. It's not stopped.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its been awhile maybe like month since the last update was released. I am thoroughly excited for the release of the long awaited mod. I am astounded that the development team has dramatically tweaked the original have life engine into to something that looks as good as the source engine, congrats on all the hard work you've put forth to create such a game. I would be glad to pay 10 to 20 dollars on this game if you were make people buy it.
The game is still in development. Just because the front page hasn't been updated in a few weeks doesn't mean that development has stopped.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh! And, no worries on payments. This game is free of charge. The only payment I wish for you to give them is the respect they deserve! =D!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol where i thought the last update was the vegita character for the game.
The last news update was indeed the Vegeta model remake. The last update shown was actually last weeks POTW as it showed an update to the water shader.

As you can see in the POTW, terrain reflections have been added to the water.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Im just wondering, if the team pushed HL1 engine this far... imagine they re options on Source Engine. And before you slap me and tell me ESF will not go to Source Engine, Yes I know about that too.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, If I remember correctly they don't want to go into unknown territory. And I don't mean that they don't truly not know much about just, that they know HL1 and could do so much more with it then they could with Source.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You're talking about they re level of knowledge regarding the engine, not the engine themselves I assume.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been said that Source has too many restrictions.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im just wondering, if the team pushed HL1 engine this far... imagine they re options on Source Engine. And before you slap me and tell me ESF will not go to Source Engine, Yes I know about that too.
We couldnt do half as much on Source as we did here. The Source engine is great for quick simple modding, but it lacks access to the more core functions of the game. We completely removed the HL1 map system and replaced it with our own, rewriting shaders and what not. That is not possible with the Source engine. As its design is meant for ease of use, rather than free access. The only thing these days thats comparable with the old HL1 engine in terms of access would be Quake 3 because they released the source code for the engine and the UDK which also gives full access to the engine itself, while source does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom