Best answers
Respectful Dream

I really don't think I posted this here but I could be mistaken.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah you didn't, but why the heck not? It's amazing!

How long did it take to make? :shocked:

Best answers
....I'm not too sure. I'm just going to guess afew hours...I work on and off of my images and really really lose track of time.

I think that one is one of my favorites.

Best answers
HOLY CRAP! O_O thats 1337!!! wut prog u use? 3dsm? lightwave? man..thats wreaks of awesomeness (Edge, from WWF :D)

Best answers
The 3D stuff is great. I think you did a fantastic job on the cropping as well. The color is nice, I think it could be pushed a little. I have an issue with your type though. I think that the three typfaces you have chosen are a little... cheesy, for this piece. The mix of Star Trek, Final Fantasy, and something else is a little too gaudy I think. Type should enhance a picture, not take away from it. I can understand the FinalFantasy font, if that's what you use to tag all your work. But the Star Trek type is a little awkward in this case, especially with the uneven letter-spacing and the psuedo-oval surrounding it. Perhaps I can understand the space tie-in, but isn't that a little too... obvious? I mean the visual link is already there, do you want people to think "Star Trek" when they read the title? If you dig that series, no big deal. But I think it would look more elegant if you used say MicroGamma or Millenium, the fonts that are used in most of the movie's interfaces and documents.

Best answers
It's not startrek or finalfantasy font....does look similar though. I forget the names of....I wasn't really sure what to do with the text so I just ended up with that and other people told me they liked it so I didn't bother changing it. :)

Best answers
Certainly it's not the official logotype, since you would have to pay for the rights to use that type, but the typfaces are clearly based off of the Star Trek movie logo, and the Final Fantasy logo. The third I don't recognize. It kinda seems like a lot of people don't give a lot of thought to type on this forum, which may account for no one bringing it up. I still think the image would improve a great deal with better fonts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom