Devil Information Dump

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by KilledWithStyle
Wait I use earthlink.
Is it only earthlink ppl in california or all earthlink ppl.
I will attempt to save as many Earthlink IPs as I can. As you are an earthlink customer, by all means, contact [email protected] and tell them that you intend to drop their service if you cannot play because they refuse to remove someone who is blatantly using their connection to cause problems for other users.

Best answers
until we come up with another solution other than subnet banning,it would have to be the best option we would have

but seriously,when the ban is in effect you can complain to earthlink,just read what cuc typed and you'll know what to do

But lets not get our hopes up,he might try and find another ISP to use and abuse

And soon when the ban is in effect,Devil will be long gone(i hate it how they turn off HTML in forums!But its the rules....)

Best answers
the devil i was talking about above seems to be in a Warcraft 3 Counter-Strike clan, every time i see him, he has the same wonID

Best answers
Instead of trying to stop him from the source, take a more indirect approach, Install a flood protection in ESF. Eather that or ban all the Earthlink cables, or every last one of his won IDs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude he doesn't flood for christs sake. Everyone is reporting him saying FREEZE and THATS IT, I know what he's using to crash the servers and its not flooding.

Best answers
alias +crap "say FREEZE;flood(not a cvar) blah blah blah whatever crashers are ***"
alias -crap "say Freez0r"
Etc.

You know, it's easy to make a script that performs multiple commands.
Devil crashed my server once and he said Freeze, when he did, I saw timeleft, nextmap all over the console.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he ever gets on my server and I know its him he will be traced. (unless he is smart and quits when I quit my client. lol

Yet my server aint WON detectable still.. (wonder why) so I don't think he will be on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by GoldSaiyan
alias +crap "say FREEZE;flood(not a cvar) blah blah blah whatever crashers are ***"
alias -crap "say Freez0r"
Etc.

You know, it's easy to make a script that performs multiple commands.
Devil crashed my server once and he said Freeze, when he did, I saw timeleft, nextmap all over the console.
I swear to god he DOES NOT FLOOD. If he did you'd see something under "FREEZE" at least once. He uses the string of commands I told you and Cucumba about.

It's like this:

bind "key" "say Freeze!;1st Part;2nd Part;3rd Part"

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't traceroute him, since Earthlink/Mindspring denies "who is" access and traceroutes to protect their customers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mr. Satan
I swear to god he DOES NOT FLOOD. If he did you'd see something under "FREEZE" at least once. He uses the string of commands I told you and Cucumba about.

It's like this:

bind "key" "say Freeze!;1st Part;2nd Part;3rd Part"

oops! My bad, didn't read all of what you said. Well if he DOES flood, than fixing the problem is easier than I thought!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
traceroute? why we need to trace? :D

We already know hsi IP if we trace it.. nono.. I am gona do alot worse and hope we can. :D

Best answers
he has a dynamic ip anyway, so it changes whenevr he leases a new ip from his isp

Best answers
Originally posted by D.C. Darkling
Since this is the sticky lemme repeat myself..

* trace
* log MAC
* ban MAC
* done

Ow.. I never checked bu BS keys SHOULD work aswell.
What do you mean by MAC?
and Also wasn't this suppose to be a sticky? Its not...

Best answers
i just say ban them becuase the people that are using them got on the net for free like us we had tp buy cs. so all the people that have the cd-key should be baned and let them go and buy a real version

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know his IP is dynamic.. i read that 2. I say trace the IP he is currently using. :p
MAC is a unique number which comes with our networkcard. to change it you need to get yaself a new card.

Best answers
Originally posted by D.C. Darkling
I know his IP is dynamic.. i read that 2. I say trace the IP he is currently using. :p
MAC is a unique number which comes with our networkcard. to change it you need to get yaself a new card.
Thats what I thought you ment..I didn't understand because MAC addressing is physical addressing and only network devices can read them. Its not logical addressing that anyone on the internet can read. So it would be impossible to ban. :)

*Also I ment network devices can read them from device to device. So if the device is connected to your computer you can read them but if not you can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom