determination to realisation

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
crap late night photoshop work with symbolism to the best of my ability

realised sumthin, my determination has faded.

i didnt save the psd file, but crits are welcome of course, and be harsh i wanna know the ins and outs of wats wrong with it.

Best answers
davidskiwan said:
crap late night photoshop work with symbolism to the best of my ability

realised sumthin, my determination has faded.

i didnt save the psd file, but crits are welcome of course, and be harsh i wanna know the ins and outs of wats wrong with it.
Im lovin this piece, Only thing I can crit on is the right side is a little bright but not eye blinding :fight: also the determination is kind of hard to see towards the middle and the font for the realism is pretty bad. Other then that very nice job, To bad you didnt save the .psd ;(

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, first of all this sig violates the forum AUP like crazy.

But, it is an interesting concept. Though, it does lack a solid foundation, the layout being almost morbid to an extent. I'll explain. It goes from an almost dirt road like texture (which works), enters this giant blood splat, and ends with the cold/death looking texture of what you consider realization.

5/10

3 points for the metaphorical aspect, 2 for the effort you put into it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eek, tis not a sig :O, i chose the shape because it was ment to be an intense transition of emmotion going from left to right

and for the imagery which was the point in this thing, basically it starts with hazy confusion and fear, it then goes towards determination which becomes intense red(anger/pain/passion) and black which results conflict which was the concept of the peice but after trying various things, it didnt come out too well, then it hits a dark wall and all becomes clear moving to a peacful and light blue. that was the idea anyway :(....... but yeah, i didnt know wat to choose for the font for realisation i wanted sumthing which looked peaceful and light.

:p it Was just sumthin i felt i needed to do before i lost the concept in my head and forgot about it

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, I was way off... I completely understand the imagery now, and it still works with the sig...

...err this concept that is shaped like a sig. :]

Best answers
hey i find this piece to be really true.. it speaks to me... but the only crit i would give you is to make the red transition into the black a lil more subtle-er if that made sense... dont let your determination fade! you're really good!!! just keep trying ya? good luck davidddddd~

Retired
Best answers
I don't really like the color combinations, how it goes from darkish and yellow. to bright blue. there are too many color gradients on it in my oppinion. I do like the different textures on the background, the brushes used etc. so I give it a 5/10 ;)

PS, the idea you put behind it is quite good. but not enough to save the 5/10 score for me ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe, thanks for the crits, i wudda tried to fix it if i'd saved the psd file, but i forgot to ><

I know the colours were weird, but i didnt know how else to choose the colours that wud show feeling and emmotion..... maybe if it was just red and blue it wudda been better

Best answers
u did alot better than i ever could. and probly better than 3/4 of the people that sed somthing bad about it. i realy like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom