Detecting Enemies on a map

Best answers
Hi,
I was thinking of something instead of having a rader to know where your enemy is, and I came out with this:
The player is able to detect where the enemy is, if the enemy raised his power level or is charging a move like galic gun,death ball etc or when a beam comes so close .
This helps you to hide from the opponent if you are running low on energy or hit points, this may also come in handy if you want to prepare a surprise beam shot to your opponent.
And since the maps that the team is working on are so large so you won"t have to waste your energy looking for your enemy.

Example from the anime: it's just like what happened when goku and vegeta raised their power to make kid buu come to them. if you remember you will see that buu detected their energy so he knew where they are,and came running.

So you should make the character turns his face to the direction from where the energy is coming.( this may include some effects) watch the video of the example and you will know what i mean .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since the maps are so large, as you say, it wouldn't be hard to hide anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's already fixed through the necessity of "points" to use special moves etc.

Best answers
Check this video so you understand what i mean:
[video=youtube;y0IcQcmjOEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0IcQcmjOEo[/video]

look at the clip from 2:00 , you will here a signal which should be put when detecting energy.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea you have the scouter acting as a radar ingame ever since 1.0

Just press the good ol' F9 key and youll bring it up.

And ESF isnt a hide&seek game its a fast paced third person action game.

While the maps are indeed bigger its not the only thing. The speeds with wich the players move was allso increased, so using the standard HL map size would be kinda limiting XD

Best answers
Well if you think that what i meant was to hide and seek then you are totally wrong.
What i meant was that you can stay away from the opponent to recharge etc, then come out again, not hiding all the time .
Second, the point is to use your senses to know where the enemy is, instead of the rader which makes you look at it all the time.
This suggestion adds an ability that the characters have.

Check the video above to understand what i mean.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look its simple the mod is based of the anime and in no way will it be made exactly like the anime

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. It's not necessary per what Grega said. 2. It's stupid, because with this, beam attacks would become obsolete. 3. Cats are felines capable of great acrobatic feats.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should read the suggestion well, before replying it.
What more there is to say? The scouter does that. It's always on and you don't need to press extra buttons. The new one will even display KI attacks on it. :)

Best answers
What more there is to say? The scouter does that. It's always on and you don't need to press extra buttons. The new one will even display KI attacks on it. :)
Who said that you will need to press extra buttons to use this ability?
It should be auto detection so when you sense your opponent energy level you here a signal then you will see him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The new one will even display KI attacks on it.
It would appear they stole your idea before you even posted it, Shadow Warrior! Quickly, go SSJ and beat up the development team.

Best answers
It would appear they stole your idea before you even posted it, Shadow Warrior! Quickly, go SSJ and beat up the development team.
Tenzo meant the new rader, not my idea.
My idea is to make the character able to use one of his special senses to know the enemy location.
Example; you are looking for your opponent which is lets say vegeta, he is away from you and you dont want to waste your energy flying around looking for him. So let's say that he is transforming,what happens is that you detect his energy,hear a signal then your face turns to his position.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except the problem is that only the Z fighters would be able to do that. So you'd still need a scouter for the other people. A bit pointless, if you ask me.

Best answers
Except the problem is that only the Z fighters would be able to do that. So you'd still need a scouter for the other people. A bit pointless, if you ask me.
You're wrong, all characters can do this including buu,cell,frieza....etc
So if you want to say something make sure that your information is correct.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tenzo meant the new rader, not my idea.
My idea is to make the character able to use one of his special senses to know the enemy location.
Example; you are looking for your opponent which is lets say vegeta, he is away from you and you dont want to waste your energy flying around looking for him. So let's say that he is transforming,what happens is that you detect his energy,hear a signal then your face turns to his position.
Oh, so what you want is an aimbot for your beam attacks? Why didn't you just say so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom