(Destructo) Disc Attack for Goku and Vegeta

Best answers
Yes, I know it may sound sort of strange, but in the series, they in fact, DO have this attack!

Yes, I know you may think it might be unbalanced, but if ESF is trying to be accurate to the series they must implement this in the game if they want a truly accurate DBZ game.

Examples of this attack:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOM8Ca-ItYA&fmt=18[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8H3L5Yafug&fmt=18[/ame]

If it isn't possible, maybe in the future, someone could use this thread as reference for a mod for ESF, such as ECX or something relevant to that, if ESF is unwilling to give Goku and Vegeta this attack.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That's not exactly a destructo disc to be honest. They merely resized and shaped the energy blast.

Best answers
It doesn't matter, is still has the same effect as a Destructo Disc, cutting them in half, that's why "Destructo" is in parentheses.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
There is a difference between an energy blast and a destructo disk. That blast was big enough to cut him in half, but I highly doubt could cut a mountain in half like a destructo disk can.

Best answers
Well, the fact in the matter is, that it still has the effect of cutting someone in half.

Goku's disc cut Majin Buu in half, but the impact when it hit the ground, caused it to explode, thus you're correct about it being a resized energy blast, so if there is ever a disc for Goku/Vegeta, I assume it would explode as soon as it would hit the ground after cutting someone in half, this could be used as an advantage I assume.

Besides, you can't cut mountains in ESF, lol.

And by the way, thank you for fixing the links, I appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whether or not that they used a technique like that isn't important. Goku and Vegeta already have their fair share of unique attacks, Krillin and 18 get destructo disc to add some variety to their playstyle and make them more unique.

Best answers
I understand, and fully respect your opinion, but I do just want to point out, it is accurate to the show, and that's what ESF's goals are, to make the most accurate DBZ game around. If they do have this "Disc" attack, they could be far more unbalanced, with attacks such as "Self Destruct". I just think it will work according to the series, and if the ESF team doesn't like it, it would be nice if they could add "Destructo Disc" animations so it could be more lenient for someone to make a mod that adds an attack such as that.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, seeming as I am a team member, I think I have a better idea of what esf's goals are. We want to be true to the show, but still produce good fun gameplay with unique characters with unique attacks.

Best answers
Okay, I understand, you don't want things getting unbalanced, I completely respect that, and I understand.

I just thought it would be rather accurate if they do do a small disc which takes a littler longer to charge, and with some minor changes.

A couple examples are of Freiza's disc, the size of it, and how it tracks, Goku and Vegeta's could be like this except that you don't have control of it, but just the size of it.

But yes, I do understand that Goku and Vegeta have their fair share of attacks, but according to the series, I think everyone should get what the characters have, I mean everything because even if the game is slightly unbalanced, there will be no need to complain, because it could be completely accurate.

Heh, but contradicting everything I've just said, according to the series, Goku overpowers everyone, apprently.

But hey, what can I say, I think everyone should get some sort of disc attack that's pretty small and so fourth, except that Krillin's is much bigger, and charges faster, and Frieza's has control, and I think Frieza should be able to use two, one click for the first disc, the second for the second, but that might be a bit much work if I'm not mistaken.

But yeah, maybe the ESF team could just put Destructo Disc animations on some of the characters in case someone wants to make a mod for ESF, you know?

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is definatly not destructo discs because destructo discs make a bee sound and have a yellow saw around them "I only saw the second video". But I wont say it wouldnt be cool to see krillin using secondary attack to split the discs and see them all exploding on the ground...but it wouldn be a destructo disc. Besides if a sayan was hit by that attack in the series he wouldnt be cutten, majin buu is just to soft...

But yeah, maybe the ESF team could just put Destructo Disc animations on some of the characters in case someone wants to make a mod for ESF, you know?
I'm not from the team but I think you can forget about that. btw ESF is already a mod, what you mean is an add-on

Last edited:
Best answers
The fact that In Open Beta, Krillin's discs shoot in a much higher quantity, and speed, I assume it will make sense for Goku and Vegeta to have a small version of it that only shoots one disc, that's my opinion.

Contradicting to what you've said Snowman, there are traces of Destructo Disc sounds when Goku/Vegeta throws the discs in the clips.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
giving goku and vegeta additional attacks affects balance.
ESF aims for balance, not for canon.

Best answers
giving goku and vegeta additional attacks affects balance.
ESF aims for balance, not for canon.
Contradicting to what you've just said:

@What exactly is Earth's Special Forces?
Earth Special Forces (also known as ESF) is a half-life modification based on the hit anime series, Dragonball Z. The mod includes nine of your favorite characters who are able to duke it out using numerous beam attacks as well as close hand to hand combat. ESF mixes both elements to bring players intense fast paced with a twist of strategy. Each character is geared towards a different style of play. Some are meant to mainly use energy attacks, while others have the advantage in melee fights, no matter what style of fighting you like to use, esf has a way to accommodate you.

Earth Special Forces has been in the making for the better part longer then 5 years. The team continuously tries to push the half-life engine to it's limits in order to produce the most playable accurate Dragonball Z game around.

(Taken from the ESF FAQ)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That doesn't mean we can't balance the other characters out.

Best answers
Sure, the ESF team is allowed to balance what they please, as I am not forcing them to do anything, as I am merely holding up a suggestion to make 2 characters accurate, that's all. ^^

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Your sole suggestion implies imbalance.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for your suggestion it will entirely unbalance Goku and Vegeta. From what I've been seeing, Goku and Vegeta are the most used characters. We don't want other players to strictly use just those two characters.

If we wanted that to happen, we'd just remove all of the other characters from the game.

Best answers
Your sole suggestion implies imbalance.
Well that's a rather harsh assumption, isn't it? :/

You never know what the ESF team has in store for all the other characters.

I don't really seek for imbalance, I just seek for accuracy to the show to be honest, I appreciate your opinions, though.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
That's not a destructo disc so why give Vegeta destructo disc? It's just an energy blast in a different form, throughout the series every character does numerous forms of energy blasts. Do you really think they will implement every character a ton of different forms of regular energy blasts? They're not going to add it unless it's one of their known trademark attacks. This energy blast which he has done a total of 1 time is not.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry Blackowt, you seem to really want this idea in there, but I agree with everyone else for the simple reason that Vegeta and Goku are already the two most used characters, they don't need any more attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom