Destructable Terrain

Best answers
This mod should definatly have destructable terrain, especially for the city maps.

I'd also like to see lag reduction for modem users!

@pu

Best answers
I do not think it would be possible to implement destructable terrain in ESF unless they decide to switch to the Geo-Mod engine

Best answers
HaHa, how you contradict youself so...first off the HL engine is too weak to support completely destroyable maps...while some maps have certain things that can be destroyed (ie ape_city) large amounts of destroyable terrain causes bad r speeds which cause lag...in this case you cannot have you cake and eat it too, you must choose

Best answers
it is sad :( It would realy be grate to have destrojable map.
P.S. and in the end the Final Flash will destroj the map complectly:)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get why people want maps that can be completely destroyed...
What would you do once someone destroys everything with a huge Kamehameha?
You'd just be floating around in dark nothingness...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not quite how it works. I agree with limited destroyable entities. There are plenty of custom maps out there designed like that. I wouldn't mind ESF city having a few buildings that blew up after taking enough hits. It really doesn't bring down the framerate unless you overdo it, or try to make actually deformable terrain.

Best answers
it already excists, but if you'd make all things destructable, it would cause serious LAG!

Best answers
Originally posted by Just-a-guy
it already excists, but if you'd make all things destructable, it would cause serious LAG!
*sigh*

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20890

If you made terrain destroyable in large chunks it would not cause FPS loss. People do not understand the principles of 3D rendering. Say you have 2 objects, one is 1 foot tall, the other is 100 feet tall. If the shorter object is composed of more triangles/polygons than the bigger object, then no matter how big the object is, the bigger one will put less strain on your system. It's all about how many polygons are there, and if they make the chunks large enough, they won't need to make very many polys, and therefore there will NOT be a large loss in FPS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has been suggested about 1 million times, next time use the Search function

/me wonders how many times he will have to mention this

*CLOSED*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom