destructable skins

Best answers
first, love the mod very fun.. brings me back to my days as a dbz head in middle school.second,have you guys looked into this? in all the dbz games out now not one of them has destructable clothes /skins...not even the newest for ps2.why not? i think it would be so cool to have models that degrade in appearance.. kinda like the brainbread mod u can shoot zombies in the face and blow chunks of it off...for example goku starts off fully clothed and a 100 health , then ripped shirt and holes in pants, then no shirt and pants are really shreded....like 3 diff stages for each characters..i know its not as easy as it sounds, i know nothing about modding... but its a good idea right?add to the effects and intensity of fights...just a suggestion...what do you guys think? thats the one thing i have yet to see in any dbz games(i would buy a game just for that effect), yet in the show after a big battle no one is left in tact.. would this be too difficult to implement in the game???

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the idea has been said before and i am glad you didn't go about saying it like "Hey u guyz it b kewl if ther was battlel dmg on the character!!".

But the problem is, that there are a lot of characters in the game. if there were 3 levels of damage, that means all the models would have to be multiplied by 3, meaning bigger file size and more work. A simeple skin edit could do for something, but that would look half assed on some models.

I think a plugin is trying to have this happen in the 'miscellaneous' section, so you can keep an eye on that if it does happen.

Best answers
a plugin is all i need :) .. that would be cool.. yea i figured that the number of models might be too much..o well i can dream.. i dont see why the newest ps2 game doesnt do this though..those guys are pros and spend all their time on it.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
But the problem is, that there are a lot of characters in the game. if there were 3 levels of damage, that means all the models would have to be multiplied by 3, meaning bigger file size and more work. A simeple skin edit could do for something, but that would look half assed on some models.
exactly, if not even more. also it would require more modeling/skinning/animating work and there is already a ****load to do
so its not gonna happen.
would be cool though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dbzsince6thgrad said:
...in all the dbz games out now not one of them has destructable clothes /skins...not even the newest for ps2.why not?
If you are talking about the latest DBZ game, Budokai Tenkaichi, then you are incorrect. Budokai Tenkaichi does feature in-game battle damage. There's a Budokai Tenkaichi thread on the forum with tons of info, you would do well to do a Search for it if you are interested in learning more.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
dbzsince6thgrad said:
yet in the show after a big battle no one is left in tact.. would this be too difficult to implement in the game???
At the end of a battle in esf you're dead. So what would be the point?
Yeah I can see why you would want this, but imho pointless eyecandy that you goto waste. Can you imagine how many different model's the esf team would have to create just to do this?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team would probably never be up to this. It would be cool to see, but they just don't have the time to spend on it, nor the will.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We are up to it, it's been brought up before by team members wanting to do it. But it was decided the extra file size just wasn't worth it.

Best answers
dbzsince6thgrad said:
first, love the mod very fun.. brings me back to my days as a dbz head in middle school.second,have you guys looked into this? in all the dbz games out now not one of them has destructable clothes /skins...not even the newest for ps2.
actually tenkaichi will have destructible clothes, bruises, etc.

Best answers
the thing with this effect would be that you can see / figure the opponents HP (life in ESF) and then you can decide for exaple if someone is dmg to the bone and looks like a pile of junk you could eyelaser or kiball them instead of a damn melee attack.
that wouldnt be pointless.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, but it's not like half life is capable of doing a single texture replacement/animated textures. Every individual damage bit would have to be a complete model. The way the new PS2 game is doing it no doubt utilizes animated textures/replacing 1 texture only. It'd make ESF many megs larger for something that's relatively small and hard to see in game.

Best answers
dose anyone know how to turn super sayen
becouse ive been playing for a long time and i cant find out how

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the forums. Please, don't just post random things in other threads. Use the search feature. Or better yet, read the manual. It covers these things. When you reach the neccesary Power Level, the CF bar will be full. You then only need to hit the asecend button (which can be bound to any button in the controls setup).

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
We are up to it, it's been brought up before by team members wanting to do it. But it was decided the extra file size just wasn't worth it.
Then why not have, full installers, and minimum installers. Don't worry about bandwidth, oktagone won't be the only one hosting ESF. We got esf-world and a lot of other sites who like to host 1.3.

50 MB more or less means nothing nowadays.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was thinking the same so i get a theory how to do that:

i get the theory thought by the trunks example in beta 1.1 ... after some Character (model) got 75 lifepoints he will get an other ref.smd then he had with full life points..... that it <_<... aint i am smart`? :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It IS possible to do this. Except they have to code in 3 skins of hte Battle Damaged, Normal, Damaged, Badly Wounded. And you can easily do the skin part in MS3d. I think o_O. You'd atleast need 3 more .smd's to make it possible, which means bigger model files. And a bigger cl.dll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom