destroyable terain

Best answers
i think this isnt posible since you use HL engine but it would be awsome to destroy some ground while falling in to it (but people would dig tunnels to see how far they go) but still some small destructions would be awsome and it would be very awsome if you develop your own engine so the game wont need no CS or HL installed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like you said, it's not possible with the HL1 engine. The only way to do this would be to make maps that allow destroyable terrain, but this would look incredibly stupid, unnatural, and it would cause so much lag that it become unplayable. The HL1 engine simply wasn't made for it.

Best answers
i know but there sould be some objects destroyable like in DBZ series they could destroy worlds with just theyr power not even shoting or doing any thing just putting it all on and in here you cant even destroy a house with a full charged kamehame or spirit bomb

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Making destructable objects in a Half-Life map is possible, but if you make them the size of buildings, things will start to really lag. Plus, if you destroy them, they instantly disappear, so it's not like the building will crumble and fall apart like in real life. It's just not worth all the trouble.

Best answers
You can make destructable terrain on the HL engine. You just need multiple models of the destroyed and undestroyed object and anything in between if you want. The argument is that it would lag too much. Like Kidboy said there are destructable terrain maps that don't lag much or at all but if you wanted a lot of destructable objects it would probably lag a lot on the slower internet connections and computers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive that 1.3 will have some destructable terrain or objects or maybe throwable objects.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, possibly, throwable maybe, but I still doubt destructable, I've made a map or two that is destructable at some parts, the problem isn't really it being destructable, it's mostly because of the amount of polygons(faces of objects you can see), I've tried making a almost fulle destructable terrain, but that lagged like hell, and after whole map was destroyed the world polygons that I could see was like 2500 which is much more than it's supposed to be.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No destroyable terrain. Period.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for the throwable stuff. That will be Frieza only. You will be able to use his telekinesis to pich up models (like trees and rocks) and throw them like with the gravity gun in HL2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom