Best answers
long time ago since i posted my last post :cry: .
so i got this stupid idea. does anybody know i one exsist?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
no... becouse of lag(s)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Half-Life engine was never made to support maps with large parts of it destroyable...
Making a few hidden destroyable walls is one thing, but making half of a map destroyable is another.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My map used to have destroyable planets but I may have to delete them because my r_speeds are through the roof!

Best answers
well go play red fraction or start a mod for red fraction for something like that.... wait that be cool, getting hit into a wall, making a hole

Best answers
@DJ-ready
Wo wohnst du denn in de?
@DragonDude
sure thing, its just some cs maps are total destroyable without lag
@Majin_z
red faction is lame, and to face it: i can't even prog showview on my videorec. modding is hardwork
:cry::rolleyes:

Best answers
The CS-Maps, which are total destroyable most have only one Texture and are very little. Like the map only of Glass.

Best answers
Originally posted by HitmanXtreme
The CS-Maps, which are total destroyable most have only one Texture and are very little. Like the map only of Glass.
more german homis here then i thought :laff: .
@hx yeah right this just to crapy. but a red faction would be tough

Best answers
I always thought about this...
A DBZ based Red Faction mod...
Destroy everything...I'd like this:)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It´s not inpossible to play a max clip map that´s utterly destructabel but you will atleast need a p3 1 Ghz and a geforce 2

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Best answers
heh, refraction is cool but i dont think it supports 3rd person

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason CS can have lots of breakables is because unlike ESF you cannot fly, meaning less poly's in view which is less r_speeds. Since most of the level is on the ground and in hallways they cannot look at the map from the top where you can see all the poly's. The average CS map is like 700 because of it.

Best answers
Originally posted by !XxShAdOwxX!
The reason CS can have lots of breakables is because unlike ESF you cannot fly, meaning less poly's in view which is less r_speeds. Since most of the level is on the ground and in hallways they cannot look at the map from the top where you can see all the poly's. The average CS map is like 700 because of it.
*THIS SUGGESTION IS TOTTALLY OUT THERE*

This is just a though, but i rember playing a game like Redfaction that when you blew a 50 foot hole in the floor and left it alot it would refill it self back up. Sooo my idea, what if we had a map where there is 1 HUGE mountain where ppl could fly right through it and like within a givin time frame the mountain would become whole again.???

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That won't work. red faction is built on the Geomod engine which is far beyond the HL engine by a long ways. Beyond that, geomod was designed for the intent of blowing everything up. HL just can't handle that, especially in a mod like ESF. ESF on the HL engine, with lots of destroyable objects would lag like a mofo because the sheer number of poly's being rendered at once on screen would kick the r_speeds through the roof. Basically, the concept of puting lots of destroyable objects into ESF is in fact impossible without serious modifications to the half life engine itself. And thats something only valve can do.

-Karrde-

Best answers
By the way...
Like what I heard, the mod SoS will have such destroyable maps...
I wonder if this workes without lagging to death...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
well.. sos i working on a Q3 engine.. so its compleetly different then the HL engine. and changing to another engine takes to mutch time and work. so i rather that the team just stays on the HL engine. and keep up their great work

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep. SOS is Quake 3 while Half Life is *mostly* Quake 1. Essentially it's like comparing Jedi Kight: Dark forces 2 to Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast in terms of what each game is capable of doing graphically. Anyway, at this point, the only way the team is probably going to switch engines is if HL2 comes out AND it's backwards compatible with older stuff (especially code). Other than that, don't hold your breath.

-Karrde-

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ibelive that my most terrible and most system eating map got 5900 in R_speed from a long view perspektiv.

But it was still playabel on my 933 with Tnt 2 Pro -- Everything was destroy abel =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom