Best answers
If I knew how to map, I would make this map myself. Here's the idea:

A city made entirely of destroyable entities. It would be cool to be able to level an entire city to nothing but rubble! I don't know if it's possible, but I think it is (make the buildings out of glass or something).

I hope someone does this, because it would be really cool!

Best answers
this has been suggested before, and it is possible, but it would be a lag monster. apparently, all the breakable entities would stuff up esf.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yep.. the breakable things will lag the map. so it wont be in.. to bad tho.

Best answers
You could do this idea to a limit. For example, if you took esf_city, you could make a few of the buildings destructable, or at least certain parts of the buildings, and it wouldn't lag too bad. But the entire thing wouldn't work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i agree with sandrock just destroyeble parts, so that it wont lagg to much, that would be verry c00l

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by FutureTrunks
damn, i wish the old alpha esf_peppercity was in beta 1.1:]
You can still use it :)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No you can't since the models are scaled down the map is too big.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wouldnt you just have a veeerrryyy big map? or are you sure that it wont work?

Best answers
You know guys, the half life engine can only do so much. Sure they could map a level that was FULL of lovley distructables, and yes it would lag a map for those of you who have lower performance pc's. But ESF maps are amazing the way they are. So let's concider keeping it like that.

Best answers
yea that would be awsome if you could destroy parts of a map like they are on sos. On sos you can blow up anything you want to.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Besides, it's too easy to do massive damage in ESF right now. One super charged kamehameha would level half of your destructible map, and that's no good.

SOS is an upcomming standalone Dragonball Z modification built on a highly modified Quake 2 engine with destroyable ground and building entities alla Red Faction.

Best answers
Is it for half-life? I know you said quake2 but half life is a quake1/2 engine..

Best answers
hehe, me too future trunks
peppercity was the cheese!

i'd still love to see a destructable map, even if it could only 'really' be played over LAN or with bots.
it would still add a GREAT dbz feel

Best answers
OOOOOOOOO yah distructable parts on the map that can be vary nice

O O O O O...
i remamber that i once playied in a map of cellgames that u can destroy mountaons and make holse in the grownd can som1 find a map like this (it has a big hollogram of cell in the middel of the arena)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom