Desktop PC or Laptop Recommendations?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
About the cd thing. You could just create a restore cd yourself. You just creat a restore point and click save to cd.
What? o_O System restores dont fix dead hardware...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
About the cd thing. You could just create a restore cd yourself. You just creat a restore point and click save to cd.
Please read what he states a little more carefully, i'm not making fun of you, it's jsut that others will laugh at you for what your answer to the problem is.

Doing alittle comparsion from a prebuilt machine from store and adding the price up on the same pc from my supplier, you'll find that the savings on your pennioes will actually be pretty good ;).

Specs :
AMD Athlon 64 3200 Socket 939 $1,399.00
GA K8NF-9 Motherboard
3.5" FDD Panasonic
512Mb DDR Pc3200 400 Mhz Hynix
2 x 80G HDD Seagate SATA 7200rpm
TI Deluxe Case with 400W power and USB in front
128Mb Leadtek Geforce 6600GT DVI TV Out PCI Express
Ps II Keyboard and PS II Wheel Mouse
17" LG CRT Monitor
16 Speed LG 4163B DVD-/+ RW Dual Layer
Built in Gigabit Lan and 8 Channel Audio 10 x USB 2.0
Windows XP Home CD
Jess Speaker with Subwoofer

so we have a pre built pc from a store here for AUS $1,399.00. Let's see how much I can build a pc for (most likely to be better too).

The specs that were changed : Mainboard (ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, Gigabyte boards just purely suck for overclocking), twice as much memory (better timings too, Geil ultra X ddr400 CL2-2-2), 2 x 200gig 8mb Seagate sata drives (costing $125 each), Thermaltake Soprano Case w/ 400w psu ($125).

Kepp in mind i didn't include a Screen or Speakers in the price, just building a box. Just goes to show that you can get alot better for your money if you do it yourself, & if you don't really care all that much for screens and speakers, then go ahead and build agood pc.

The total cost of the pc was AUS $1374, Just get some decent speakers and a decent screen (and decent kb/mouse combo) and you'll be enjoyying yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom