Desert Sun Timmy CG [WIP]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With permission from david i started a CG of his "timmysgonnagetcha" picture . As you all should know, most CGs start wih Lineart :p. Well heres the Line art wip:

And a color test to see how the colors david picked will look like on it:

C&C?

Best answers
looks gravey so far, except the dude is missing a shoe :O but thats not up to you. One thing I can immediatly think of is that you should make the sword's grip handle a different color... since I dont really think the exact same skin color would be good on it like it is now :p other then that I see no problems, nice job :]

Best answers
I..

Can i have your babies?

I love this. Wow.. Please say your gonna work for Vertigo or Marvel X X_x That would rock.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow Raiko, and that's just a colour test? Awesome. Can't wait to see some progress.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ooooooh thats looking awesome, but in my imagination >< the trousers were a bit darker, and the jacket was a bit lighter >< other than that. i love wat uve done ^_^

Best answers
If you pick a color scheme and just post the swatches Raiko could use the eye-dropper tool and get the exact thing you're looking for.

The color is on the right track, but I think you could give the lineart a little more zip. The problem with using the pen tool or any other vector tool to recreate lines is that the lines invariably look flat. Varying line-weight is fundamental to any project, it makes the lines look so much more alive. Using the same line thickness is fine for mechanical drawings, but in illustration it better suits the medium to be more organic. Especially in a pose as dynamic as this. I'll see if I can dig up something on my server to illustrate the point.

Hmm, well I don't have anything recent really where you can see the lineart clearly, but this is what I'm talking about:

Use the different weights to accentuate shapes or focus on areas of the image. You can also use lines to indicate movement or enhance shadow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somone else was telling me about that too. They said to try and use different size lines. I agree. And i did use 2 different ones, i used 1 pixel thick for alot of it, and 2 pixel thick on the face and the arms of the jacket. The reason he is missing a shoe is cause im having trouble figureing out how it deforms, since its a sketch, you gotta expext a bit of mess, and thats the only part that was messy. David told me where but it doesnt look right for some reason, i will check back with him on that.

Best answers
I was forced to test out my new program :/ . Only finished the left upper part (well in a way at least)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont like yours sorrow...too much shadow for my taste :X
heres mine..even tho i didn't ask permission...lol... :devil: < raiko for the colors> first time cg]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom