Defenition of Spam

Whats that? Paladin in your eye?
Best answers
I am fkn disgusted tonite.

As you all know VT doesnt have net access at his house - so he cant check his [email protected] email.

I decided to check his emails... and there were 221.

99% were just plain spam. This is fkn disgusting ;(

Not to mention the viruses ;(

spam Pronunciation Key (spm)
n.
Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

tr.v. spammed, spam·ming, spams
To send unsolicited e-mail to.
To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hate these spam-emails ;(
you receive 10 emails and 8 of them move directly to the treshcan, because they are already on the junk-mail-list
but the most i hate the emails with changing adresses, so you can´t delete them with the junk-mail-list
and all these chain-mails about viruses that doesn´t exist... ;(

:notice: the world is full of spamers...

edit:
btw
ig, i´m sorry for you, because you have to read all these mails ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah my email block list has 250 added to it and cant add anymore, most of the time 99% of my emails are spam, it just gets so annoying.

BrunO

Best answers
i joined you because i thought hmm email spamming???

in one week i get 445 (and growing) emails about car renting and that anti virus ... and so on, a lot of erotic mails

this sux

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Stupid spam;( . I dont get viruses in my email but I do get a lot of advertisments. I wonder how much money those companies make off these email advertisments?

Best answers
man i get around 300+ e-mails a day in mine, so I made another e-mail, so that one gets 350+ a day, thank got for a bulk (spam) folder

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
;/ i got about 20 a day

u lot should not be suckers when u give out ur e mail to companys

Best answers
The admins over at www.amateur-hour.net have a nice little anti spam program.

Basically, all mail goes through the program, an authorization code is generated, the email is recieved, sent back and deleted.

Now the sender must re-send it with the reply #authorization code here, and then the person will get the email.

If that makes any sense at all. I'm no programmer, but thats how I figure it works. :)

Best answers
well i go thru yahoo, so they send all my spam to a seperate folder.. and then i delete 350+ with 1 click.... hmm thats a lotta mail.. gotta love the free 6 meg limit...

Best answers
welll... u got a ton of mail accounts.... :D

if i had that many i would be used to spam :D

reply to them with teh virus!

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well you could send a virus but it would probably never work because most companies that send spam emails dont check theyre own email.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bah i get like 200 crap spam emails a day...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah how long did it take for those 221 emails to que up

and could someone tell me the average size of a post in Kb

Best answers
I know its a serious pain in the ass, but almost every one of those spam emails has a link or email address within it that can be accessed to clear your name off their mailing list. I know it sounds like a waste of time, but you'd be surprised that most of the emails come from a small amount of companies, etc... I used to get about 100+ spam emails a DAY ( :no: ;( :no: ) until I went through and unsubscribed to all of it. Now, I may get about 4-8 spam emails a day, mostly from the companies who "accidentally" put in a broken link to the unsubscribe page. It's a big difference! I can actually pick out which are worth saving and which are spam! :D :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by EvilCheezburger
I know its a serious pain in the ass, but almost every one of those spam emails has a link or email address within it that can be accessed to clear your name off their mailing list.
if they work...most of the time the links are fake or by desubscriping you subscripe for even more spam-mail...damn f******
i get spam-email from a company that change the email-adresse for every mail they send me and even if i desubscribe the pain goes on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom