defence and strength [stats]

Best answers
guys i am think the game will be better there was a stats like defence rising ur defnce will make u get less damege and if u have more strength u do more damege and if u and ur enemy have the same str and def u do normal damege

how about it good bad just rate

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't an RPG.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right now its all PL based.

Basically the higher your PL compared to the other guy the less damage you take and the more damage you deal.

Thats why it pays to activate turbo during fights as it raises your PL giving you better defense and offense at the cost of extra KI.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
stats arent a bad idea if your not thinking of an RPG.

in the budokai games (taboo word, i know) your defense rose based on how much ki you had. at 50 percent ki your defense was 80% of its usual, while at 100% your defense would be at 115% which is the best possible defense.

or it could be the same principle based off of stamina instead of ki. the lower your stamina the lower your defense. instead, ki and pl would effect your attack power.

i like the idea of having a personalized stats for each character. status doesnt immediately equal RPG element. its the basic fighting game element.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

you just call me ark?

edit: well i suppose its better than zeo calling me Dkar all the time.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry Dark would seem i skipped the D ^^

Didnt even notice till you said it.

In any case a defence multiplayer based on stamina level rather than just PL level.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, i like the thought of it.

when it comes to my ideas, though, i tend to worry about over-working the coders.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark, I think youre on the money with that idea.

:)

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a good idea imo. To much factors already involved, could somehow unbalance the game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont mean to be a ****, but saying that it could "somehow" unbalance the game isnt the greatest argument you could give.

give a reason.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a good idea imo. To much factors already involved, could somehow unbalance the game.
On the other hand, it could do the complete opposite. Characters that seem worse initially could be given better defense to make up for their lack of speed/moves.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont mean to be a ****, but saying that it could "somehow" unbalance the game isnt the greatest argument you could give.

give a reason.
Imagine, you get in a server and you choose a character (Goku for example). Once you begin you have 750.000 PL, and you will maybe have to deal with a guy that has 4.000.000 PL. Okey, now, repeat the process BUT this time imagine that the other guy has 4.000.000 PL, plus the triple of your attack and defense points. Image how the other guy would beat you in the second situation compared to the first situation.

That's why I said that mixing strengh and Defense stats with PL energy could somehow unbalance the game. That was my point of view.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, you gave a reason.

but, the suggestion i gave was that as your stamina/ki lowers, so does your defense and attack. so the main factor when just joining a server would STILL be about pl. the former of what i said would be more applied to all out duels.

remember that the stats i was suggesting has nothing to do with powerlevel or experience points (god forbid). all your base stats will be at their highest when you join a server, and lower as you fight, and drain stamina. then, when you regain all your stamina, your defense is back to its highest possible.

when you regain all your ki, your attack is at its highest (assuming that aspect would be implemented).

and dokutayuu made a good point.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your idea sounds better, It has no unbalancing factor, except the fact thar a weaker guy will loose more KI and Stamina than a stronger one, what would make him loose those stats quicker.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would be the fault of the less experienced player, not of the weaker one.

damage = hp loss. it doesnt really mean that you lose stamina based on how much damage is done. you lose stamina and ki through your own actions, not your opponents.

and besides that, the higher leveled character gets the same loss of defense and attack as the lower leveled character.

at 100% stamina your defense is at 115%, and maybe varies with transformations. at 80% stamina your defense is at 90%. at 50% stamina your at 75% of your overall defense. 75 is the lowest it can go.

same goes for ki (unless this idea is disregarded). at 100% ki you have 105% attack. at 50% of your ki you have only 90% of your attack. and at its lowest, which is 20%, your attack is at 80% of its original. of course, only estimations.

just to summarize, the idea cant unbalance the game, in theory at least. it even makes sense that if you have less ki, you wont have as much energy in your punches. conversley it makes sense that if your tired, you wont be able to stand attacks all too well.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually dark it doesnt make sense that KI helps your stength. I mean Stamina is the physical condition of a person. KI is the mental power. So bassically it should be the other way round. KI = defense, ST = attack

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would be the fault of the less experienced player, not of the weaker one.

damage = hp loss. it doesnt really mean that you lose stamina based on how much damage is done. you lose stamina and ki through your own actions, not your opponents.

and besides that, the higher leveled character gets the same loss of defense and attack as the lower leveled character.

at 100% stamina your defense is at 115%, and maybe varies with transformations. at 80% stamina your defense is at 90%. at 50% stamina your at 75% of your overall defense. 75 is the lowest it can go.

same goes for ki (unless this idea is disregarded). at 100% ki you have 105% attack. at 50% of your ki you have only 90% of your attack. and at its lowest, which is 20%, your attack is at 80% of its original. of course, only estimations.

just to summarize, the idea cant unbalance the game, in theory at least. it even makes sense that if you have less ki, you wont have as much energy in your punches. conversley it makes sense that if your tired, you wont be able to stand attacks all too well.
Tell me, are you saying that a 4.000.000 PL guy could have the same level of attack and defense as a 750.000 PL guy if they both have like 115% in their status? That doesnt make much sense, it would make PL usefull only to BS.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tell me, are you saying that a 4.000.000 PL guy could have the same level of attack and defense as a 750.000 PL guy if they both have like 115% in their status? That doesnt make much sense, it would make PL usefull only to BS.
This is what I understand, PL would still affect damage dealt and taken but each character would have a specific multiplier after that.

It would be obvious that a character with a larger PL would deal more damage than a character at a lower PL but with better attack power.

However, if the two were a similar PL, our attack stat guy would deal more damage at the same KI/Stamina level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom