Dedicated server for ESF

Best answers
Hi, I'm very new at this, but i've rather enjoyed this game. I'm gonna be goin to a LAN party this weekend and wanted to introduce this to those there...but i have two foreseen issues: one, would we have to be connected to the internet or can we use steam offline with a LAN server (let's assume everyone there has steam and such since we will be playing CS and CS:S)? two, I recently installed the dedicated steam server...how do I make a dedicated ESF server (it doesn't show up in the list for the dedserver)? I would appreciate any help!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to be able to connect to the internet so that Steam updates itself and all of the games you have installed before you can run it in offline mode.

You can download the ESF dedicated server: http://esforces.com/?p=files

Best answers
Okay, that's what I thought about both points...so on the server issue here's the problem: I installed the latest 1.2.3 of ESF...then i try to install teh 1.2.1 server and it keeps saying that ESF wasn't found in the folder...I try switching it around a small bit to find it in the half-life folder of my username in the SteamApps folder...and i just can't figure it out. My ESF folder is in my E:\program files\steam\bybleman\steamapps\half-life\esf. Am I overlooking something? Do i have to restrict myself to 1.2.1 so that the server will work?

[EDIT: Sorry, apparently the file isn't directly hosted here but at ESF-World...so I'm in the process of downloading it...thanks for the help!]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)