Dedicated server for ESF

Best answers
Hi, I'm very new at this, but i've rather enjoyed this game. I'm gonna be goin to a LAN party this weekend and wanted to introduce this to those there...but i have two foreseen issues: one, would we have to be connected to the internet or can we use steam offline with a LAN server (let's assume everyone there has steam and such since we will be playing CS and CS:S)? two, I recently installed the dedicated steam server...how do I make a dedicated ESF server (it doesn't show up in the list for the dedserver)? I would appreciate any help!

Best answers
Okay, that's what I thought about both points...so on the server issue here's the problem: I installed the latest 1.2.3 of ESF...then i try to install teh 1.2.1 server and it keeps saying that ESF wasn't found in the folder...I try switching it around a small bit to find it in the half-life folder of my username in the SteamApps folder...and i just can't figure it out. My ESF folder is in my E:\program files\steam\bybleman\steamapps\half-life\esf. Am I overlooking something? Do i have to restrict myself to 1.2.1 so that the server will work?

[EDIT: Sorry, apparently the file isn't directly hosted here but at ESF-World...so I'm in the process of downloading it...thanks for the help!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom