Decent Animes?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking for decent animes. I don't want the most common ones, like Naruto! Death Note! Bleach! Elfen Lied! Berserk! Etc...

I'm kind of looking into mecha, it seems like a lot of people are interested in it. I'm also looking for the name of the anime, it's an OVA with I believe 3-4 episodes coming out, one recently came out on the third of march or so.

I watched some of Higurashi, and it was pretty good. I'm also tempted to watch Black Lagoon. I'm also sort of looking for some of the newer animes, not "old" ones.

Edit:
More details about that OVA:
It's about some girl whenever she dies she get resurrected instantly, and she saves some boy who is a clone.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check out one I posted a few threads down: Mushi-Shi. It's very refreshing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mushi-Shi is lovely.

I would recommend Samurai Champloo and Witch Hunter Robin, two very entertaining 26 episode animes.

For some reason I still <3 Detective Conan, it has 500 episodes so far, most of which are kinda short and lame and you know who the killer is the second the episode starts. But it's worth watching for those episodes that are truly unique and entertaining.

Naruto was good for the first 100 episodes or so then quickly went down hill and still hasn't quite redeemed itself with shippuuden (as im sure you know). I still enjoy the weekly manga, and I feel incomplete without it.

And no matter what anyone tells you, Blood+ is horrible, don't fall for the trap that is episode 1, the only all around good episode of the series. Just a friendly warning. (if you haven't suffered through it already)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hellsing Ultimate (not the original series)
Witch Hunter Robin
Ergo Proxy (not as good as Witch Hunter Robin, but still good)
FLCL (an incredibly pointless series, kinda stupid, but somewhat entertaining anyway)
Cowboy Bebop

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yea, I forgot about Ergo Proxy. Good anime, but be warned that it's one of those animes that starts out good, turns into a snoozefest after the first few episodes or so (with subtle meaning attached) then goes out with a bang.

I loved Cowboy Bebop too, along with Outlaw Star which wasn't anywhere near as good but similar and still pretty entertaining.

I also forgot to mention Ghost in the Shell, it's sexy too and every episode is just great. It's also one of the few animes that the dub > subs.

BTW, if you haven't watched Full Metal Alchemist yet, just watch it...now...Also, don't be afraid of the dub for this one either, it's amazing.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The guy mentions looking into Mecha, yet none of you have mentioned Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? For shame!

Hayate no Gotoku is a fun one to watch, it seems to get pretty ridiculous and the random references and parodies they have in other anime makes it even more fun to watch.

Claymore is another interesting one, though you can definately tell they took a direction very different from the manga in the last 5 or so episodes. It's a decent end but could have been better.

X-TV is another decent anime, though they have this issue of flashing back to moments that happened two or three episodes prior, but still worth the watch. Who wouldn't want to see the battle for what will be after the end of the earth?

Chrno Crusade pairs up a young exorcist who just happens to have a demon bound to her. Another alright one.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Found the OVA, it was Mnemosyne, any more suggestions?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, thanks to the anime guessing game thread i got into this anime called seto no hayanome. a pretty hilarious show involving mermaids, a mermaid gang, the mermaid gang-leader, a homicidal crab-maid, and a vicious shark/gym teacher.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rah-Xephon.

It's a mind****, a little bit like Evangelion, but it's very good.

Awesome soundtrack too.

Also, Giant Robo is an incredibly awesome classic mecha series.

Then, I can never go without recommending GunBuster and GunBuster 2, both of which are epic beyond measure.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rah-Xephon.
I dunno I didn't like Rah-Xephon. It was kind of yawntastic for almost the entire series.

If you want new mech shows there hasn't been too much out recently.

Just the end of the first season of Gundam 00. Macross Frontier that just started. Not to mention one of my personal favorites Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

But if you haven't seen a lot of the old mech shows you should absolutely give them a watch. The old mech shows are still just as good as ever.

Plus such a huge selection of every kind of genre. You got real mech shows like Votoms and Gasaraki. Or you could go super robot with GaoGaiGar or Getter Robo.

Though I must say it sounds like you are definitely looking for a show like Gurren Lagann. You absolutely must check it out. It is worth every second of it and once you start watching it you will wonder how you lived with out it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would definitly suggest both Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Panic! (No relation by the way), Claymore is also pretty awesome. I wonder though, will there ever be a sequel to Claymore? The ending was very open-ended. I would also suggest Neon Genesis Evangelion, although beware, the anime is VERY confusing, especially the last episodes. I can also suggest Ergo Proxy, although I haven't had the time to see episode 15+.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Mecha? Although I don't know about Animes I know Gundam which supposed to be one of the most famous Mechas. Theres also Transformers but thats not an anime xD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well as Hibiki suggested. Watch Gundam 00 but ill add Code geass season 1 to it.

Season 2 just started last week so it only has 1 ep out but it looks like itll be nice XD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just started Code Geass, pretty interesting.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Id recommend Samurai Champloo or GetBackers. Kinda mainstream i know, but entertaining nonetheless

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^_^ Ginji vs Akabane, Jin vs Mugen...such epic rivalry i cant decide which to be a grander battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom