Death Note (alt ending discussion) [SPOILERS ANIME]

Discord Member
Best answers
So, almost everyone had heard of Death Note and seen it. We all know the premise and the story and how it ends .... how it ends really ticks me off. I feel like they could've gone a totally different way with it ... and it would've made way more sense.

So the running theme of the anime/manga is pretty much that these guys are super smart and are on an almost equal understanding level of each other to guess and predict each others' moves/plays no matter how outlandish it seems. In the end they try and proposed that with the combined efforts of M and N that Kira was able to be taken down. But the whole scene at the end seems like a fraud. Kira's assistant killer is supposed to come in, use the shinigami eyes and write down N's real name and kill him; he is also supposed to write everyone's names as well. Now what screws Kira over is that the book is a fake so it doesn't work, that eventually leads to Kira's apprehension.

Now, this is how I thought it should've ended, and it makes more sense.

Kira is a smart dude, he plans out for everything, every little contingency ... but for some reason, on the biggest day, the day with the most risk, he suddenly has a lapse of judgment? it doesn't make sense to me. Kira knew the names of everyone else; so why didn't he just have a backup plan ready and write down the time and date of death of everyone but N (since it was the only name he didn't know, he could've done this prior to the meeting). The ending would've gone a lot differently. Could you imagine ???? N there smiling explaining after how they managed to trick Kira and all the sudden all his comrades and everyone else in the room starts dying .... and all the sudden it is only N, Kira, and his assistant Kira in the room left .... Assistant Kira walks over to Kira and gives him N's name. And then Kira writes down N's name ... and there u have it ... Kira wins

I feel like this ending would make a lot more sense .... Without how ridiculously outlandish their "predictions" and guesses could be ... this was something that seems like a plot hole to me. Did not do Yagami Light justice.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe Kira got cocky by believing this is the end and that he won. Smart people do dumb things out of arrogance and confidence.

Anyway, does DN anime closely follow the manga, as in, there are no fillers, etc.?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im with Hlev. Light was to arogant and that arogance is waht lead to his downfall. The ending was a perfect representation of how arogance can make a person slip up. Light was so sure of his plan that he made a misstake taht ended up killing him.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im with Hlev. Light was to arogant and that arogance is waht lead to his downfall. The ending was a perfect representation of how arogance can make a person slip up. Light was so sure of his plan that he made a misstake taht ended up killing him.
Dude, your grammar is worse than Sky's when he was 15. And that says A LOT.

Discord Member
Best answers
yeah ... maybe. but with how much outlandishness they had us buy and make believable ... i just don't believe the ending they provided us. I feel like what I presented would've made much more sense ... and also would be the most epic twist of all in the whole series in general (seeing as the whole series is about twists, it would've been the coup de grace, the masterpiece of the anime)

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I don't believe Kira's arrogance is what led him to his downfall. It was because he trusted Mikami, Mikami made a stupid move and screwed everything up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom