death cut scenes?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can we get a liquifying beam?
I think vaporizing beam is pretty much racism for every other material form.
We need a liquifying beam and a solidifying beam for the balance of the nature.

/spam.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
^ I lol'd xD
it'd be lame if I killed 5 noobs with khh, and game crashed cause of multiple death cutscenes started xD

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read my reply.

In case 1 only the player sees the animation, but it would preety much require us to create a movie player ingame.

In case 2 no movie player, but the entire server would see it as part of the world.
I believe that a third option is indeed possible.
You could have fx that will appear client side only (like flashy backgrounds and what not), but yeah, they probably have to be called out from the server.
But the entire server doesn't necessarily have to see them too.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would require a rewrite of the FX system SV. Currently all the effects are played from the server out.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aw sucks. =/
Wasn't like that in NNK, but NNK's code was all about hax. lol

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We kinda wanted a system where clients could have different effects and be seen as such on the server. So kinda like player specific effects if you wish.

Though i have no idea if that part of the FX system was ever done.

Best answers
Whether we agreed that it was a good idea here or not wouldn't make it so, so why not consider the possibility eh? At first glance it might seem to have problems, but hypothetically if it was done the 'right' way, maybe it could work.

When a player transforms, there's something that goes into effect where the camera moves. Is it possible to make, at the very least, a timed camera movement right before the loser of a beam battle gets killed? It could be for the losing player only, or possibly both players in the beam battle.

So maybe this is how it could work:

When players enter a beam battle, it shows the entire beam length and the two players from a zoomed out angle. As the beam gets closer to one of the players, the angle moves behind the respective players. For example, if Buu was against Goku, the camera would move behind Buu for Buu, and Goku for Goku. That way you would either see the beam attack overwhelming the other player, or you getting overwhelmed by it. It would also make the attack look bigger if you were losing.

For the loser, the camera angle would remain 1 second longer and show your character being blown away by it. For the attacker, it would instantly stop after the beam connected and move back into the pre-set position, as you might be expecting an attack.

The players can hit a key to stop the camera angle action and control it manually in case it's distracting.

Yes, no, maybe?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No automatic camera action while the player has control. That includes beam struggles. To many possibilities of ****ty angles due to terrain obstacles.

On the other hand the player has full camera control with the touch of a button, smooth and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom