Death Animations.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Personally I find the death animations in ESF to be somewhat lacking. They dont bring any excitement to the player, and it sort of takes me out of the game whenever I see them. They are very basic and could use the upgrades.

I thought of some ideas for some death animations that could definiately add to the ESF experience.

Lazers

If a Lazer happens to kill the enemy, the lazer will penetrate through the model, and the enemy's death will be a bit more animated, depending on where he is.

-If the enemy is on the ground for example like in the pic, he will eventually drop to his knees and then fall face first into the ground.

-If he gets shot by the lazer in the air and dies, he will be stunned for a second and then float slowly to the ground.

Big Beams vaporize the enemy

I have seen this done in the show before, but could not find a pic online. So bear with me with my microsoft paint sKillZ ;p

Description: I know that this concept is already being planned for 1.3 after reading the design documents. Just adding to the idea :).

When the player gets vaporized by the beam, he lets out a scream, indicating to everyone that he got roasted.

Special Beam Cannon Death Animation

If the enemy is hit by a special beam cannon (and has low enough hp to die from it), the SBC will pass through the model. The enemy will be stunned for a second, and then eventually drops to the ground and dies (or floats down from the air).

These are just some ideas that I came up with. Feel free to add more if you think of any.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like these ideas. The vaporization and pierce ideas have been brought up before, but never specifically to spice up the death animations. :3

Maybe you could think up a few for say, a Disc or Projectile attack.

Best answers
Out of curiosity, how would you manage to make the death animation for the SBC to work correctly if the team does, infact, decide to make it attached?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Maybe you could think up a few for say, a Disc or Projectile attack.
Disc Attacks

Instead of the player exploding into half life 1 body parts, the model would split into 2 halves and fall to the ground ;p

For a Large ball type projectile (ex. big bang), if it connects with the enemy (and his hp is low enough to die), he will be stunned for a 1/2 second and then explode on the spot with the projectile (another scream for this death too).
closest picture I could find from an episode

The model wont get tossed backwards like it does now but instead disappears with the explosion. The explosion can be given special FX as well.

Kenny83 said:
Out of curiosity, how would you manage to make the death animation for the SBC to work correctly if the team does, infact, decide to make it attached?
Attached means the shooter cant move while he fires, so the death animation will still work the same if it connects with somebody.

Trunk's sword animation from 1.1 when he kills an enemy should be brought back.

I thought of something that might be totally off the wall but wanted to get the idea out anyway. It is sort of like an animation related to trunks, and would look really nice if was made. This one can be done randomly when you kill the opponent.

OK, lets say you land the finishing blow (basic melee) on an opponent. Your character punches away the enemy just like it is now, but as the enemy is flying away your character fires a small projectile (no ki cost, think of it like a fatality from mortal kombat) and it homes in on him and connects with the enemy, finishing him off with an explosion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
If the enemy is hit by a special beam cannon (and has low enough hp to die from it), the SBC will pass through the model. The enemy will be stunned for a second, and then eventually drops to the ground and dies (or floats down from the air slowly).
I like this idea, but I don't think the current size of the SBC is small enough to allow that kind of feature.
tonythetiger123 said:
OK, lets say you land the finishing blow (basic melee) on an opponent. Your character punches away the enemy just like it is now, but as the enemy is flying away your character fires a small projectile (no ki cost, think of it like a fatality from mortal kombat) and it homes in on him and connects with the enemy, finishing him off with an explosion.
I don't really like this idea. Though I agree it may look really nice, I believe it feels better when you actually fire the projectile yourself.
IMO it might even interfere with your game. Losing control of your character (even for a short period of time) could give other players a chance to attack you.

I see nothing wrong with your other suggestions :yes: Let's hope they are being/will be considered by the team.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Orbit said:
I don't really like this idea. Though I agree it may look really nice, I believe it feels better when you actually fire the projectile yourself.
IMO it might even interfere with your game. Losing control of your character (even for a short period of time) could give other players a chance to attack you.
Your looking at it the wrong way. You will never lose control of your character, he will merely fire a small projectile at the enemy, even if your still on the move. Its more cosmetic. Also, you dont have to stare at the enemy waiting for him to blow up, but you could do it if you wanted too :). Thanks for the compliments though.

Best answers
^sounds kind of like the sword animation Trunks did in 1.1, but everyone will have finishing moves with that idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks good, something like that would be nice, like a bigger ki-blast or something, even if you swoop away, like he said, it homes into the enemy, undodgeable since it finishes him off. I like these ideas, you really put some thouhgt into them, good job!

Best answers
True-Warrior15 said:
I think he means this beam thingy from trunks
Now that right thers is the reason i became a Trunks fan. Hehe anywayz these ideas are pretty good would give a bit of variety of death animations istead having the same boring old fall to the ground. Also i think it would be best if for this little trunks idea that either its a special move or somthin else. I had this idea b4 that if under 20% health in adv melee and hit wit a combo Trunks would do this to the opponent. Slice em into pieces finished by flamethrower attack/ aka burning slash attack. IMO that would probably be the best thing for him if u think about it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shure is hells better than sword kill. Maby instead of swordkill throw in this animation :p

You do teh attack if the oponents lives would be under 20 your character performs a burningslash attack or what ever you call it.

I just like Trunks cause hes the coolest and has a sword :p

Best answers
Grega said:
I just like Trunks cause hes the coolest and has a sword :p
Quoted for the truth :laff:

Grega said:
Shure is hells better than sword kill. Maby instead of swordkill throw in this animation :p

You do teh attack if the oponents lives would be under 20 your character performs a burningslash attack or what ever you call it.
Ya kno Grega that sounds like it could be cool instead of jus a slash that says sword kill he would do the downward slice which in turn would make the opposite players screen split in 2 like friezas did wen he got sliced then followed up by this combo cuttin them into pieces then flamethrower for the finish. Would be great eye candy and definately worth pickin more IMO.

Best answers
Thanks for bringing this up.. the death animations DO need tweaking..

check this out...

The melee death animations are weak.. when killed you just fly back.. and if u land on a person or hit a ramp or something u just stick to them an fade away..

i thought of this melee idea an i believe i should really be added.

When a person is killed with melee their body should NOT turn into a model that sticks to objects.. Instead it should turn into a *RAG DOLL* hense after death a perosn can continue to combo you for as long as 20 seconds.. 20 seconds before the character automaticly respawns.

Also if you are killed with melee you should fly back faster then normal so that when you hit the ground your BODY does NOT just ROLE but have somewhat of a bounce/ role effect that scrapes up dust as u role.. then just when your body slides into a stop you automaticlly go into first person and your screen fades black as u pass out.

Best answers
Vaporizing will be in 1.3 and might or might not have fancy graphical fx. Disc slicing is already in 1.2. As for the other stuff, I might keep it in the back of my head, but cosmetic changes are not our main priority now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OKay, but it would sure be damned good seeing this in, but I think that NO ONE else should have this attack since Trunks is the melee character, trunks FTW!!!

Best answers
Well obviously Trunks would be the only one with it since hes the only one who used a sword :p

Best answers
Lol no need to be sorry man its an honest mistake anyone coulda made dont sweat it:smile:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
True-Warrior15 said:
I think he means this beam thingy from trunks
Actually I was talking about something else, yours is like a big blast at close range and vaporizes him. Mine would be a tiny homing projectile fired at the enemy when he is at farther range, and when it connects with him he explodes on the spot.

Yours is a good idea too though. The death animations can be random and make it interesting, instead of being repetitive all the time.

Basically those death animations will occur when you land a finishing blow on the enemy with basic melee, and they will get finished off with ki attacks, which are just eye candy and have no ki costs.
harSens said:
Vaporizing will be in 1.3 and might or might not have fancy graphical fx. Disc slicing is already in 1.2. As for the other stuff, I might keep it in the back of my head, but cosmetic changes are not our main priority now.
I was already aware that vaporizing was going to be in 1.3 ;p. I was saying that when a player gets vaporized he lets out a scream so everyone knows he got roasted. It might be hard to tell that you vaporized someone unless the sound was pretty noticable.

Disc slicing is in 1.2 yea, but the model explodes into Half-Life body parts..instead of two halves like the show. It would make it more realistic.

donnierisk said:
OKay, but it would sure be damned good seeing this in, but I think that NO ONE else should have this attack since Trunks is the melee character, trunks FTW!!!
Of course Trunks will only have the sword animation, since only he has the sword lol. But the other characters can also have their signature kills too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom