DEATH(And Stuff)

The real question...

• Total voters
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
A suggestion for how deaths and scores are handled in the game; rather an option. See =>[Choice?]

That being - when a player's HP reaches 0 (or locked at 1 due to either melee, or energy [Choice?]), he becomes immobilized, and the assaulting player/s have the [Choice?] to finish their opponent and gain a point; or spare their life.

If murdered a player re-spawns as usual. But if spared, is given the chance to pick themselves back up again(maybe with some kind of temporary boost or hp regeneration[or refill?] for a time), and get right back into the game. (Even with the presence of some kind of DDR mini game bonus [Choice?])

Possibly with the option for some dramatic yelling and epic power-up visualization just for the hell of it, something to REALLY get the player feeling the need for a rematch.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Would make a great place in the game:

*for taunts, and shows of bravado
*to offer optional change of pace
*where you can totally dis noobs(or a vet O,,O!)
*help the player feel like they are never out of the action
*add depth and consideration to the nature of the battle you are having(Only if ninja enough)

Thoughts, considerations, and suggestions on conditions and requirements please.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont really see the need for something like this other than maybe making a video.

In all honestly respawning and getting back to where the action is only takes a few seconds due to the speeds possible in the game. So the bigger maps dont really break up that action.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Just an option, I feel it's a flavor of DBZ that ESF hasn't touched on, and would benefit, from by helping to distinguish itself even more than it already has.

Best answers
man i wouldn't want gameplay to be slowed down by something like this. What if i get 0, or 1 and my opponent just runs off and selects neither one? What if i kill 2 or 3 people at once with a beam? something like that works on mortal kombat but not a fast paced game like this.

I want killstreaks, but grega doesn't like that shiz.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
killsteaks ? yummy

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
man i wouldn't want gameplay to be slowed down by something like this. What if i get 0, or 1 and my opponent just runs off and selects neither one? What if i kill 2 or 3 people at once with a beam? something like that works on mortal kombat but not a fast paced game like this.

I want killstreaks, but grega doesn't like that shiz.
It wouldn't slow down the gameplay at all actually. If a player leaves you without making a choice, the downed player could get back up on their own.

There are many moments in DBZ where they decide to spare someone's life, and the humiliation and rage of the spared on blows up, possibly to be their ultimate end. Or just something like a second wind in the heroes case, where it seems like they are about to loose, and make some spanish comeback.

Perhaps something like this after suffering consecutive deaths. As it stands I feel like there is no point in actually dying in the game anyway.

There is no wait to respawn or down side to loosing other than getting a mark on the board.

Anything to help loosing players want to stay in the game and try harder, that is what ESF needs.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Will there be an option for no respawn mode?
Doubtfull, but maybe we can work in a console variable. Depends on how tough it is. Though no respawn isnt really the best idea in ESF. As the stronger team would only get stronger and stronger as you can engage in a 1 on 1 while your teammate spams beams.

Though maybe it could work if we force friendly fire to off along with the respawn.

Other than that, you can probably do something like that with an AMXX mod.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Doubtfull, but maybe we can work in a console variable. Depends on how tough it is. Though no respawn isnt really the best idea in ESF. As the stronger team would only get stronger and stronger as you can engage in a 1 on 1 while your teammate spams beams.

Though maybe it could work if we force friendly fire to off along with the respawn.

Other than that, you can probably do something like that with an AMXX mod.
Bit off topic but, in the conditions for scoring a melee hit, does a player who is swooping take priority over a player who is not; and/or is targeting ultimate prerogative?

On a side note, is speed have any relation to damage?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
I kinda wondered the same, like imagine if im stopped pressing simple melee and theres an enemy swooping at me with combo melee, will he combo me or will he get punched ?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I kinda wondered the same, like imagine if im stopped pressing simple melee and theres an enemy swooping at me with combo melee, will he combo me or will he get punched ?
Same here. In 1.2.3. swooping always wins even if you swoop into the guy without looking at him, and he is looking directly at you. I hope this isn't the case anymore. Priority should go to the player with better aim, swooping or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom