Deals on GPUs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im looking for a system upgrade (FX 5200 FTL!), and I was figured you good people would know of good places to find inexpensive graphics cards, used or otherwise. Im currently checking ebay as the prices at Compusmart made me run screaming. I was thinking of something along the lines of a 9800 pro w/256MB, 6600 or perhaps something from the X series (x800, x700...) if I can find one for a decent price. 8x AGP is a must, as I dont want to go around re-tooling my computer too much. Does anybody have any model suggestions, or good places to check for deals?

Im on a 250W power supply, so Im pretty much resigned to upgrading that too. I was thinking of 350W, or thereabout.

Anyway, thanks for input.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Newegg.com is pretty good. You should check it out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's obvious to know that any local pc shop is gonna charge more then most places for such reasons as there rent and profit margines (i always go to my supplier so i don't have to worry about that)

but go and order it at newegg , from what i here people seem to be delighted with it (atlesat the people i have spoken to in various tech places).

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want a 6600, 9800, X700 or X800 or something like them, you're going to need to upgrade your PSUs. That will run you about 50 bucks for a quality 350W PSU. And then some 150 bucks more for a 6600GT and you're set.

Newegg.com

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be wonderful... but newegg doesnt ship internationally.

And thanks for all the suggestions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see your in Canada, therefore use www.ncix.com It's the best online computer place in Canada. I've always used it and i've never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom