Deadman Wonderland

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any of you guys see it yet?

Ganta Igarashi is a typical high school student living in japan. Then, his classroom is attacked by a man wearing a red tattered cloak and mask who proceeds to slaughter his classmates in a matter of seconds, leaving Igarashi the sole survivor. Because of that, unfortunately, Igarashi is also charged with the murder of all his classmates and sentenced to Deadman Wonderland. Now Deadman Wonderland is a neat little amusement park for the public to enjoy that is maintained by the convicts. The convicts wear collars that inject a steady supply of poison into them that can only be staved off by eating "Candy" every 3 days. Public executions are held for the masses to enjoy, such as the Dog Race, where inmates race to the end of a death-trap filled track. Rumor has it that special prisoners are forced to fight for rich men to watch and gamble.

Will Ganta ever find out who the man in red was? Why he was framed with the crime? Will there be plenty of Chief Guard Makina fanservice? The first season is only 12 episodes with an OVA about the resident badass, Crow, but it is enough to leave you anxiously waiting for the new season. I've yet to pick up the manga, but that may be changing soon anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have been thinking about reading and watching it. I think I seen an episode of it on Toonami not too long ago. It looked interesting!

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I've seen it. It's definetly worth watching, although I wouldn't expect anything super-innovative. The anime is quite brutal as well, often mutilating people via torture.

I'd definatly watch it.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I want to read the manga, but I dont remember why I didn't start it yet.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I got to see the first episode yesterday as I read this thread. Now I'm on my last episode of this season, and I like it. It's not the best I've seen, and it reminds me a lot of Elfen Lied (the powers, lullaby, Shiro having her personality, torture, gore), however it's not as good though. Deadman Wonderland touches on more mature themes, but doesn't go deeply enough as Elfen Lied did. I like the soundtrack and Crow, he's a badass for sure. Was a good watch, this whole morning!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's got a bit of a Running Man feel to it, at least the part where they make the inmates fight for the amusement of people. I have to wonder if the writers of DW were going for a similar message, but went XTREEM BLOOD ANIME too.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Watched this. I enjoyed it a lot.
And i'm still waiting for season 2.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got to see the first episode yesterday as I read this thread. Now I'm on my last episode of this season, and I like it. It's not the best I've seen, and it reminds me a lot of Elfen Lied (the powers, lullaby, Shiro having her personality, torture, gore), however it's not as good though. Deadman Wonderland touches on more mature themes, but doesn't go deeply enough as Elfen Lied did. I like the soundtrack and Crow, he's a badass for sure. Was a good watch, this whole morning!
The problem here is that Elfen Lied made a conclusion, where this anime just stopped mid story. So to fully know the themes one would have to know how it continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom