Dead Island! Zombie games are no longer over-rated.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;lZqrG1bdGtg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lZqrG1bdGtg[/video]

:cry:

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yea. This looks so great.

There is also a game for XBLA coming out called Class 3. Supposed to be like Fallout with zombies.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not just that, you watch it to the end, and the slow sneaking suspicion of what she was to the man in the video slowly comes to very horrifying fruition. Instantly, I think of my own little girl . . . and I just don't know if I could do it. And then part of me says I would, to make it end, to give her peace, and that disturbs me even more. Its always one thing to watch horror unfold, but another entirely to identify all too well with the victims.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I will be honest here, my eyes were moist by the end of the video.

One heck of a trailer, but way to un-make my day.

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope the game is just as good as the trailer.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Very touching, being shown in reverse really has a powerful effect. I'm actually about to go off to work with children, let's hope I can forget this video ^^.

Super Saiyan Dabura
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not just that, you watch it to the end, and the slow sneaking suspicion of what she was to the man in the video slowly comes to very horrifying fruition. Instantly, I think of my own little girl . . . and I just don't know if I could do it. And then part of me says I would, to make it end, to give her peace, and that disturbs me even more. Its always one thing to watch horror unfold, but another entirely to identify all too well with the victims.
^well said

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
true man. my first thoughts went to Ellie (my de facto step-daughter).

have you read the comic "The Walking Dead"? it has had similar reactions from me at various points.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone (other forums included) is going gaga over this trailer, but it shows no gameplay. The game could be complete **** for all we know. I don't understand why everyone is hyped for something we know relatively little about.

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone (other forums included) is going gaga over this trailer, but it shows no gameplay. The game could be complete **** for all we know. I don't understand why everyone is hyped for something we know relatively little about.
The game is promising to attack the genre from a new angle, specifically, they mention it as an RPG. If they can do this with just a trailer, I can't wait for the final tale.

http://www.destructoid.com/impressions-your-first-look-at-dead-island-194120.phtml

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Very well done trailer. I'm just worried about how it's gonna play. Too many times I've seen very well done, artistic and cool trailers, only to find that the game is...lackluster.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
This.

Just reading comments on videos and other places, people seem to be extremely excited about this and are saying this is very promising... and I don't understand why. Now, this is the first time I've even heard about this game, so they could've released some cool details about the game before the trailer, but it doesn't even really show anything promising right now. The trailer was pretty amazing and touching, I'll admit, but again, it's just a trailer. It didn't show anything about the gameplay.

also, somewhat less confusing trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUyS0RWXhDQ

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill admit to it being a superb trailer/cinematic. But there is more to a game than just that.

Final Fantasy 8 was a REALLY good example of that. Shown with only cinematics the fans were hyped beyond belief. But when they actually saw the game it was just not as good as all the expectations.

@Dam thats not less confusing. Its just backwards. Meaning the first part is reversed.

This is less confusing.

[video=youtube;f8s3eZIZ2q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8s3eZIZ2q4[/video]

Last edited:
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
true man. my first thoughts went to Ellie (my de facto step-daughter).

have you read the comic "The Walking Dead"? it has had similar reactions from me at various points.
Its the reason I love the Walking Dead so much, horror on an entirely new level for me.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
so was the girl going to turn into a zombie or something? or what

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
She did turn into a zombie, and attempted to eat her dad, which prompted his throwing of her ass out of a high-rise hotel window like he was a charger looking for an epic win against a noob l4d2 team.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The game is promising to attack the genre from a new angle, specifically, they mention it as an RPG. If they can do this with just a trailer, I can't wait for the final tale.

http://www.destructoid.com/impressions-your-first-look-at-dead-island-194120.phtml
They didn't even make the trailer, though. They hired someone else to do it for them, much like DC Universe did. Sure, DCO's trailer made me want to see a DC Universe CGI movie, but it isn't even close to being representative of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom