DBZO preview movie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok...so Ebbo aka Cloud (not anymore) decided to finaly show a preview of the game, I apologise for his german language but you can figure it our pretty easy since the hud/interface is in english.

It contains:
- Buttons and function explanations
- Transformations
- Fusions
- A small view of those the Worldmap of Namek

DBZO preview movie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't look too bad, actually.

Too bad it didn't show any attacks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fact that all the icons are ripped from that GBA game which name I can't be bothered to remember makes this game crappy. Seriously, put some effort in making a game and make your own artwork. Plus the fact that I see a list of "spells" and "Magic" leads me to believe that you are modifying an existing game rather than making it yourself, which decreases the originality even more.

It would have been better if you guys would've gone for a Breath of Fire IV engine, or something similar to the Ragnarok Online engine. They are much more impressive and you at least wouldn't rip icons from a GBA game.

I am not impressed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tbh, the icons aren't riped and we're made by us, dbzo has a pas of about 2-3 years, It has about 4 past versions and the game is coded from scratch so it's not a modification at anything. I can ashure you that everything it has is original.

Best answers
Its made with RPG XP maker or some similar program.And i want to make my game online.BUt how the hell he do that?LionHeath maybe you know? Textures are same as RPG XP maker.
Anyway its not really bad for program like this one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tbh, the icons aren't riped and we're made by us, dbzo has a pas of about 2-3 years, It has about 4 past versions and the game is coded from scratch so it's not a modification at anything. I can ashure you that everything it has is original.
Then why does it say magic and spells if DBZ doesn't even have Magic or spells of any kind.

Next tell me, why the icons look exactly like the icons from the GBA game I mentioned earlier, Legacy of Goku:

And like MinioN says, the tree and grass icons for example were taken straight out of RPG Maker XP:

And last but not least, this was all you could come up with in 2 to 3 years of work? You could've easily made a lot more progress than you did while it's only a 2d game.

Now I'm even less impressed because you told us that you created the icons yourself and worked on it for the past 2-3 years.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that the maps are made with rpg makers xp, and I have no idea why cloud called it magic, but I specified the characters ware made by ou spirters, but since cloud modified the rpg maker xp so that people couldn't use view the map by opening it with the program, the sprites also have to be remade for that type of file extension ( or something like that).That's about it.

edit: And the team went offline several times, like for example only cloud and rolly are from the original team at the moment. I belive that's the cause for the lack of progress.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remade? That's called converting. So he basically took the sprite sheet I showed above, converted it into whatever format he needed and used it. That's called ripping. He took 2 to 3 years to make this little movie with RPG maker XP? Sorry but that's just...well...it sucks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remade? That's called converting. So he basically took the sprite sheet I showed above, converted it into whatever format he needed and used it. That's called ripping. He took 2 to 3 years to make this little movie with RPG maker XP? Sorry but that's just...well...it sucks.
I don't know if he was able to convert to that format since the whole map maker had a new format. But I stated that he team disbanded several times, and that's only reason for not such a big progress that you would think. And don't say that it sucks before you know exactly how it's made, RPG maker xp has been modifyed, not the same, many things have been took out and added, and the code is from scratch, if you realy wanna know why the word magic is there then feel free to post a question on the forum to Ebbo.

It's not that easy as you think.

Best answers
uuuh when you said DBZO I was thinking along the lines of

I was mistaken...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really impressed either. Facts have been stated before by Sicron and MinioN as to why. And like vinay87, I also thought you were talking about DBO.

Your game looks like another Byond game. I'm sorry to be harsh dude, but not impressed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really impressed either. Facts have been stated before by Sicron and MinioN as to why. And like vinay87, I also thought you were talking about DBO.

Your game looks like another Byond game. I'm sorry to be harsh dude, but not impressed.
Well...can't really say you ware too harsh but know this, dbzo surpases the limits of byond in several ways.
Here are some examples:
The game server doesn't go down like it does on byond long with the site.
The battle system is about 2 times better (even though it's not showed in the vid)
You don't require another program to run it (like byond does).
The hud is more accesible since in byond all of the huds are the same, and gameplay is the same at any dbz byond game, but in dbzo the gameplay doesn't look at all as a byond one.

These are a few examples, there are wa more stuff that's improved, some of witch I don't know a thing since I'm on Public Relations and I don't got the acces of a coder (higest level of acces) at the game .

The sprites are too small IMO.
But if they are small they can fit more people on the screen for when it's crouded xD. Just kiding :p but you mean they shoulad have the same amount of pixels/dots in it and just zoomed or to be of a biger size with the apropriate quality.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...can't really say you ware too harsh but know this, dbzo surpases the limits of byond in several ways.
Here are some examples:
The game server doesn't go down like it does on byond long with the site.
The battle system is about 2 times better (even though it's not showed in the vid)
You don't require another program to run it (like byond does).
The hud is more accesible since in byond all of the huds are the same, and gameplay is the same at any dbz byond game, but in dbzo the gameplay doesn't look at all as a byond one.

These are a few examples, there are wa more stuff that's improved, some of witch I don't know a thing since I'm on Public Relations and I don't got the acces of a coder (higest level of acces) at the game.
We have to trust your word on a server that does not fail. Any server can always fail. And if that's a 'good' argument, I still wouldn't like your game any more than I do now.

Again we have to trust your word on how good your battle system is. But I can hardly believe any battle system is 'twice as good.'

In byond the client is called dreamseeker.exe. I'm sure your client will be called dbo.exe. So you will still need a client of some sort. This doesn't change anything.

Again, we still have to trust your word on the gameplay, we have yet to see anything about it. But the HUB isn't the same in every Byond game. Actually, a lot of the HUBs look like your hub. Only thing different is that something pops up in your HUB when you click on it. And this doesn't happen in Byond. Which can be a good or a bad thing. (Good as in, easy accessible. Bad as in, obstructs the view.)

So far, your game doesn't look any different from any Byond game, except for that I miss the word Dreamseeker in a bar on the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom