Dbzgt coming to america

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Dragon Ball Trilogy consists of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and the upcoming Dragon Ball GT. The Dragon Ball franchise was originally developed in Japan as a Japanese comic or "Manga" in the 1980's. Since that time, it has created an international phenomenon spawning over 500 episodes and generating over $3 billion in related merchandising sales. The immensely popular series has hit number one in many countries including the United States, Japan, France, Spain, Hong Kong, and Mexico.

Akira Toriyama, the original creator of Dragon Ball, was involved in the concept, approval and character designs for Dragon Ball Z, as well as Dragon Ball GT. Dragon Ball began as a comedy, but soon the fighting took over. Dragon Ball ran 153 episodes becoming more serious with every episode. Dragon Ball Z was the second part for the Trilogy. Dragon Ball GT has been established to continue to series and carries the same aspects of its prequel (Dragon Ball Z), entertaining yet subtly reinforcing the important concept of good versus bad. It teaches important character virtues such as teamwork, loyalty, trustworthiness, etc. The incredible storyline and the depth of the characters within Dragon Ball GT contribute to a strong residual stance in the retail market. As in Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT is the story of our hero Goku® and his friends battling evil forces throughout the universe as they search for the black dragon balls. But there is a catch. They must gather all the new dragon balls within one year in order to save their beloved home.

Now Dragon Ball GT is coming to North America. FUNimation has scheduled home video release for this highly anticipated series for April 2003. As in Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT will give a brief segment at the beginning of each episode bringing the audience up-to-date on the progress of Goku and his friends in their quest. This gives Dragon Ball GT an incredible depth to its storyline and characters attracting not only kids to the series, but also teenagers and young adults. Interested fans can get more in-depth information from the Official Dragon Ball GT Web Site from FUNimation, which is due in January.

If you are still looking for more Dragon Ball, you can find the Dragon Ball Trilogy in the popular manga Shonen Jump. Shonen Jump sells over three million copies a week in Japan and is now being produced for a North American audience. In the form of traditional Japanese manga, the U.S. version of Shonen Jump is read from right to left. The manga features many popular properties that you may recognize from FUNimation. These include titles such as Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh, the Dragon Ball series and many more

I found this on the funimation site;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well of course. Z is almost over, and it was immensely popular, why WOULDN'T they show GT?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just thought you guy will like to know when its comin:rolleyes: I always do this.:)

Best answers
LOL!! I like the way through the whole article they say things like "Dragon Ball (Z) (GT)" and "Funimation" a ton of times.. but in that whole thing they say "Goku" once and it has a little R symbol next to it :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cant wait for shonen jump to come out here

bout bloody time we cought up with japan they have been doing this for like 10+ years now >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think about 40 eps if i remember

Best answers
Yeah it's relatively short considering it wasn't as popular, since Akira isn't animating or writing it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me is waiting for the following to come to america

star ocean x
final fantasy unlimited
that h something no go

/me also believes that cartoon network should devote a day to play the whole trigun series because its funny and vash is a perv, which i can really relate to as can most guys

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The japanese version of DBGT is 64 episodes. But I'm sure Funi will shorten it, just like they did with dbz.

Best answers
i coulda sworn gt was longer cause i mean they gotta show alot like goku being wished small and him going ssj4 and vegeta skipping ssj3 and going straight to 4 to help goku fight the dragon or whatever and bebivegta and pam and all that jazz but i could be wrong or i am...but i only saw a few episodes of gt. And i'm pretty sure it's gonna be on toonami cause the 3d dude said there is a few upsoming shows that i think you'll really like. But from what i read and heard gt has started translating since like last year or even 2001 but if it's only 60 some odd episodes long then i guess the first batch should be done.

ps: what does gt stand for i never thought to look
pss: in the last episode i heard that everyone dies but chi chi...i dunno if it's ture never looked it up either but i thought someone could enlighten me thanks;D

Best answers
Did you write Pam? I believe it's Pan, the Spanish and Japanese word for BREAD, not a cooking spray. I kinda thought GT was longer than that too. But it's an American-made sequel, so they don't have the charm of 300+ episodes. Simpsons is the longest lasting American tv show, and there's only one of it.

Best answers
sorry i ment pan m an n are close together but yeah...

ps: simpsons is gonna be over in a few years anyway there's only gonna be a few more seasons then a movie and then good bye o great simpsons :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then I'll be some old geezer telling my grandkids or some crap about how the simpsons were such a big thing back in my day and they'll be like "sure grandpa" and run away. >_<

Best answers
Wait, Simpsons can't end! I can't live without Simpsons! Oh well, we have a few years. Maybe they can come back, like Friends keep doing? How is this conversation turning from DBZ to Simpsons anyhow? Oh well, Bart and Vegeta! Same hair, same face, same mischeviousness :laff: I hope GT comes over soon. Though it sounds cheesier than the rest, it will be interesting. I hate Trunks' new suit, he looks like a nerd from the Old West.

Best answers
lol you must have paticence ( i can't spell) but don't worry in the mean time you can watch millions upon millions of dbz reruns :S (pfft) but yeah i don't like how goku is wished little i mean granted he still has his power but it's *** the only time he is cool is when he goes ssj4 and majicly becomes big again...oh well it'll be interesting...

Best answers
:( I can't stand reruns. I turn the TV off if it's all reruns. I throw the TV out the window if it's all reruns. That is, unless I haven't seen them. See, I started watching DBZ at the beginning of the Buu saga. Then I wanted to know their past, so I started watching reruns and downloading stuff of the internet. And then it got to where nothing was new, and I couldn't stand watching it because nothing new was happening. Then I downloaded ESF, and came to this forum. And discovered even newr things. And now I'm waiting for the next Buu saga episodes to air, or did I miss them? :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It stops right before buu blows up teh whole planet. Now it's reruns :\

Best answers
Hmm...I watched up until Vegeta goes crazy because of Buu's laughter. I know I missed the next episode at least because my cousin told me about it, but I haven't been able to see any new ones from that one and up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom